Q&A - DLL Trig, Calc & Geometry

A few people have written to me with questions about the DLL package that I am
offering for sale. This is to try to answer some of the more frequently asked
questions:

Q: Can I use the DLL in a 16-bit or 32-bit environment?
A: The DLL and TPU were developed in a 16-bit environment, and can also be used
in a 32-bit environment.

Q: How large are the files that I will receive?
A: You will receive a .ZIP file containing the following files:
    Readme.TXT       (10K)
    Rdpmath1.TXT    (69K)
    Rdpmath1.HLP   (149K)
    License.TXT       (9K)
    Rdpmath1.TPU   (5K)
    Mathrdp1.DLL    (30K)

Q: What program were the DLL and TPU written using?
A: The DLL and TPU were written and compiled with Borland's Turbo Pascal for
Windows version 1.5.

Q: Is there a list of the exported routines that I can preview before I make
the purchase?
A: If I made the list available, then I would have practically nothing to sell.
The list is one of the NONREDISTRIBUTABLE portions of this package.

Q: Can I purchase the source code?
A: At a price (to be negotiated and paid up front), I can write similar source
code for you, but you can not have the source code for the product that I am
selling. In other words, you WILL have the source code, but the function names
will be different in order to protect my copyrighted material.

Q: Can I use the DLL with programming tools other than Pascal?
A: Yes. A DLL is an executable program that can be used in other programming
environments. Simply follow the instructions with your compiler/editor for

Q:  Are there any restrictions for the use of this software?
A: Yes, there are. The restrictions are listed in the License.TXT file, the
Rdpmath1.HLP file, and the Readme.TXT file. I, the copyright owner and author
of this software, aggressivly search through the internet for violators of my
copyright,  including newsgroups, chatrooms, and numerous warez sites.
Violators of the license agreement will be subject to prosecution under the
law. This software is protected by copyright law, and by several international
treaties.

Regards,
Roy D. Pope, Jr.
RD122...@aol.com

Re:Q&A - DLL Trig, Calc & Geometry

RD122666 came forth and spake thusly:

>A few people have written to me with questions about the DLL package that I am
>offering for sale. This is to try to answer some of the more frequently asked
>questions:

<various snips>

>Q: Is there a list of the exported routines that I can preview before I make
>the purchase?
>A: If I made the list available, then I would have practically nothing to sell.
>The list is one of the NONREDISTRIBUTABLE portions of this package.

So, you are telling us that either "I will not tell you what routines
are available until you buy it" or "These are part of the API anyway and
I've just repackaged them".

>Q:  Are there any restrictions for the use of this software?
>A: Yes, there are. The restrictions are listed in the License.TXT file, the
>Rdpmath1.HLP file, and the Readme.TXT file.

And these files, as you say, are only available to people who buy the
software.

So, you are telling us "I will not tell you about the restrictions until
I've got my money"

--
Pedt Scragg                    <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

Re:Q&A - DLL Trig, Calc & Geometry

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:13:38 +0000, Pedt Scragg

<postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>RD122666 came forth and spake thusly:
>>A few people have written to me with questions about the DLL package that I am
>>offering for sale. This is to try to answer some of the more frequently asked
>>questions:

><various snips>

>>Q: Is there a list of the exported routines that I can preview before I make
>>the purchase?
>>A: If I made the list available, then I would have practically nothing to sell.
>>The list is one of the NONREDISTRIBUTABLE portions of this package.

>So, you are telling us that either "I will not tell you what routines
>are available until you buy it" or "These are part of the API anyway and
>I've just repackaged them".

>>Q:  Are there any restrictions for the use of this software?
>>A: Yes, there are. The restrictions are listed in the License.TXT file, the
>>Rdpmath1.HLP file, and the Readme.TXT file.

>And these files, as you say, are only available to people who buy the
>software.

>So, you are telling us "I will not tell you about the restrictions until
>I've got my money"

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks something is amiss
here.

I picked up this guy's posting about his "fabulous" math .DLL on one
of the other Pascal lists and wrote him Email with several questions,
which he responded to, and which he also apparently re-packaged and
posted as what you're referring to here.

He's offering this .DLL as a cross-language solution but makes no
provision for interface libraries for (e.g.) VB or Visual C++; nor is
he providing interface unit source nor alternative precompiled units
for anything but TPW1.5 (not a very large market, I'd suspect).

He also seems clueless about 16 vs. 32-bit Windows and .DLL issues.

I think either he's a TOTAL newbie to both Windows programming and Net
posting, or this is some kind of scam.

Regards,

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net