how to detect internet connection

i'm in a LAN, but the modem is not in my room, so
i wanna make a program that tells me when i get online

any ideas?

Re:how to detect internet connection

You can enumerate your active RAS connections.  I have a tip on this on my
Questions page at: http://members.truepath.com/delphi  Also there is a link
to another site, I don't remember the name, that is full of RAS tips.  I
think this site has a file called rasdial.zip with help on RAS as well.

Lewis Howell
Lou's Delphi Tip of the Day:
http://members.truepath.com/delphi
Lou's personal webpage:
http://members.truepath.com/LewisHowell

Krassimir Tsolloff wrote in message <7dtj4b$18...@equila.ntrl.net>...
>i'm in a LAN, but the modem is not in my room, so
>i wanna make a program that tells me when i get online

>any ideas?

Re:how to detect internet connection

> You can enumerate your active RAS connections.  I have a tip on this on my
> Questions page at: http://members.truepath.com/delphi  Also there is a
link
> to another site, I don't remember the name, that is full of RAS tips.  I
> think this site has a file called rasdial.zip with help on RAS as well.

I'm not sure if enumerating RAS connections will work with a modem pool...
since Windows still interprets this as a pipe connected to a LAN.
I'd be interested in knowing if it works or not... so please post once
you're done experimenting.

Other Threads