D3, POS printer "bell" circuit

I've put together this crude POS application and one of my last hitches is to figure out how to open
a cash drawer.  I'm aware that most POS printers have a drawer kick usually tied to their "bell"
circuit.  The particular printer I have to play with is a Star DP8340 (parallel)

I confess, much Delphi printing code is over my head.

My questions are:

1/      How do escape codes work with a procedure. (assuming that's what I want)

2/      Can someone point me to a tutorial/example or post a sample?

Somewhere in the below procedure I need to have the drawer open.

procedure TfrmFinish.btnM1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
     With Sender as TbitBtn do
     eTend.Text := (caption);
     If frmTaxSet.ckbTender.Checked = True then
     begin
          Tender;
     end
     else
     ceAmt.Value := ceTl.Value;
     frmMain.reTape.Lines.Append(eTend.Text+' Sale'+#9+Format('%m',[ceTL.Value]));
     If frmTaxSet.ckbReceipt.Checked = True then
     begin
          If frmTaxSet.ckbFrmPrn.Checked = False then frmMain.PrintPlain(frmMain.memoTape.Lines)
else
          Print;
          end
     else