Error importing ActiveX OCX control

I have tried twice now to import a customer supplied ActiveX / OCX
control but there is not class created and it never appears on the
ActiveX palette.

Delphi creates the _TLP.PAS and the _TLB.DCR files but no component
exists on the palette and I cannot find and controls listed when I
look at the package.

Am I missing something here or is this a bad OCX? If it's bad is there
something I need to tell the programming staff that Delphi needs to
make this a valid OCX that can be imported?

Thanks

Bill

Re:Error importing ActiveX OCX control

<<Bill Artemik:
I have tried twice now to import a customer supplied
ActiveX / OCX control but there is not class created and it
never appears on the ActiveX palette.

That can happen when the control is declared as
non-creatable in the type library - VB does that.

In D6+:
Set the Tools | Environment Options | Type library | Ignore
CanCreate flags when importing option to true before
importing the control.

In previous Delphi versions:
Use File|Open, set the filter to Type Library files, open
the ocx, and have a look at the CanCreate flag
in the type library editor. Set it to true, save the
typelibrary as a tlb, and try importing that.

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs