Runtime error 217

I am running delphi 4 with Sql server 6.5 on an NT network. When I click
on my EXE I get this error message- "Runtime Error 217".

Any thoughts/ ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Guy
onthepla...@hotmail.com

Re:Runtime error 217

Hi Guy

RTE 217 is an EControlC - Exeption, means that the CTRL-C was pressed in a
consol application.

so long

Guy schrieb:

> I am running delphi 4 with Sql server 6.5 on an NT network. When I click
> on my EXE I get this error message- "Runtime Error 217".

> Any thoughts/ ideas will be greatly appreciated.

> Guy
> onthepla...@hotmail.com

Re:Runtime error 217

Guy wrote:
> I am running delphi 4 with Sql server 6.5 on an NT network. When I click
> on my EXE I get this error message- "Runtime Error 217".

> Any thoughts/ ideas will be greatly appreciated.

> Guy
> onthepla...@hotmail.com

One common cause of Error 217 is an Exception occuring in an Initialization
section of a unit.
The error indicates that an error occured while the program was
'initializing'. I think I have seen the error also when loading an dll
failed, or similar problems.
Do you use initialization sections in your code? Try using ShowMessages to
catch the moment when the bug occurs, or simply using breakpoints if the exe
is on your  Delphi machine.

If your in bad luck the error occurs in 3-rd party code, such as a
component, from wich you may not have the source code.
Perhaps also there is a problem loading the SQL server drivers, or loading
the BDE.

I recently had a similar error because an Initialization section used
Delphi's Printer object.
It turned there was a error 217 when no default printer was installed. Since
the error occured only on some pc's we had a hard time finding the bug.
--
Edwin Teisman, The Netherlands
email: e.teis...@wxs.nl

Re:Runtime error 217

Guy,

as some other wrote, error 217 is displayed by problems inside the
"initalization" code of a unit. One reason that trapped on of my
applications: if you want to open an file (eg. ini-file) that does not
exist. Look for that.

Michael

Guy schrieb:

> I am running delphi 4 with Sql server 6.5 on an NT network. When I click
> on my EXE I get this error message- "Runtime Error 217".

> Any thoughts/ ideas will be greatly appreciated.

> Guy
> onthepla...@hotmail.com

Other Threads