Quicktime > Mov and QT

Hi all

Using a panel and the Windows Multimedia( TMultimedia )
gives me some trouble, I can't initialize the *.mov (quicktime movie format)
does anyone know how to do that?

I guess it must be reference in my system.ini which are missing but???

Best

Troels Kjerulf

mail: i...@patch.dk
home: www.patch.dk

Re:Quicktime > Mov and QT

> Troels Kjerulf wrote:

> Hi all

> Using a panel and the Windows Multimedia( TMultimedia )
> gives me some trouble, I can't initialize the *.mov (quicktime movie
> format)
> does anyone know how to do that?

If your system.ini file lists the correct driver information for *.mov
files then you should not have any problems playing mov files using
TMediaPlayer.
Drivers should be downloadable from Apple's website (
http://www.apple.com ).

--
Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
**  To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
**  -------------------------------------------------- **
**  Punching the monitor hurts you more than Micro$oft **
From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis
Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
Delphi Site. . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
Email. . . . . . . : Domini...@SavageSoftware.com.au

Re:Quicktime > Mov and QT

Well does nayoneone know What I should write in the System.ini file? and in
which section, because the installation of quicktime4 does not
write this into the system.ini file, which makes my *.mov files avaible to
the Tmediaplayer in delphi.

Best Troels

Troels Kjerulf wrote:

> Well does nayoneone know What I should write in the System.ini file? and in
> which section, because the installation of quicktime4 does not
> write this into the system.ini file, which makes my *.mov files avaible to
> the Tmediaplayer in delphi.

Your system.ini file MCI section should look similar to this. The
Quicktime drivers
are the ones with "QT" in the name.
[mci]
Mixer=MCIMIXER.DRV
Sequencer=MCISEQ.DRV
WaveAudio=MCIWAVE.DRV
cdaudio=mcicda.drv
avivideo=mciavi.drv
videodisc=mcipionr.drv
vcr=mcivisca.drv
QTWVideo=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MCIQTW.DRV
MPEGVideo=mciqtz.drv
LiveAudioMetafile=mcilau.dll
LiveAudioFile=mcilma.dll
M4W_MCI=M4W_MCI.DRV

And your Win.ini file should look similar to this. Again you may have to
tweak this to match your system.

[mci extensions]
wav=waveaudio
mid=Sequencer
rmi=Sequencer
avi=AVIVideo
mov=QTWVideo
pic=QTWVideo
jpg=QTWVideo
lam=LiveAudioMetafile
LMA=LiveAudioFile
LA=LiveAudioFile
dat=MPEGVideo
mpg=MPEGVideo
mpa=MPEGVideo
mpv=MPEGVideo
enc=MPEGVideo
m1v=MPEGVideo
mp2=MPEGVideo
mpe=MPEGVideo
mpeg=MPEGVideo
mpm=MPEGVideo
au=MPEGVideo
snd=MPEGVideo
aif=MPEGVideo
aiff=MPEGVideo
aifc=MPEGVideo
NST=M4W_MCI
MOD=M4W_MCI
WOW=M4W_MCI
OKT=M4W_MCI
STM=M4W_MCI
S3M=M4W_MCI
669=M4W_MCI
FAR=M4W_MCI
MTM=M4W_MCI
XM=M4W_MCI
m3u=MPEGVideo
mp3=MPEGVideo
mpv2=MPEGVideo
qt=MPEGVideo

These are copied directly from my *.ini files so I'm not sure it it will
work for you  but give it a try and see.

Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
**  To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
**  Punching the monitor hurts you more than Micro$oft **
From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis