Indy POP3 multipart/ email attachment is a forwarded or rejected email

Delphi 5 (with service packs installed).
Indy 9.0.11
I *seem* to be successfully iterating through the POP3 multipart messagepart
collection, extracting TIDText (including HTML text) and TIDAttachments. If
the attachment is a file (graphic, zip, doc, or whatever), I successfully
save it in a specified folder....

My problem is that I do not know how to identify if the attachment is an
email, first of all, and secondly, how to extract the data.

Obviously the information is available, but I've had a difficult time
finding it.  Outlook successfully determines if the attachment is an email,
so, I figured that I should be able to, too!

I have code snippits that I'd be happy to share!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott Gast
Sco...@texnet.net

Re:Indy POP3 multipart/ email attachment is a forwarded or rejected email

"Scott Gast" <Sco...@texnet.net> wrote in message

> My problem is that I do not know how to identify if the attachment is an
> email, first of all, and secondly, how to extract the data.

Does the attachment come through with a Content-Type of 'message/rfc822'?
That's the only way to identify an embedded message (without parsing the
content of every TIdText message part).  I guess it could be an *.EML file
attachment, too.

> Obviously the information is available, but I've had a difficult time
> finding it.  Outlook successfully determines if the attachment is an
email,
> so, I figured that I should be able to, too!

Look for the same content-type that's visble in the Outlook message source.
If it's an .EML file, just open it using the Windows shell.

hth...

--
Don

Join the Indy Docs project! (http://www.indyproject.org/teams/docs)