Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Dear all,

I'm working on Borland C++ 5.0 with Win 98. I'll like to generate a
dialog box that contains several tab controls. My question is : how to
insert other controls on a specific tab control ?

I tried to insert all and call Show / Hide method to build dynamically
the dialog box, but it's unhandleable with the resource builder.

Does anybody had the same problem ? And what was the solution. Thanks.

Sbastien Vinot.

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Sbastien Vinot,

> I'm working on Borland C++ 5.0 with Win 98.

Then you should be asking your questions in the newsgroup sections
with CPPBUILDER in their title.

Are you using the VCL? If so then:

  a)You need to be more clear about that
  b)Questions on using VCL components belong in .VCL.COMPONENTS.USING
  c)Don't forget to set the Parent property of the components after
you've created them.

If you are creating your controls through Windows API calls then post
to CPPBUILDER.WINAPI otherwise CPPBUILDER.NON-TECHNICAL would
probably have to suffice.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

> > I'm working on Borland C++ 5.0 with Win 98.

> Then you should be asking your questions in the newsgroup sections
> with CPPBUILDER in their title.

I could have worn  he said hes using Borland C++ 5.0 not Builder?

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Does OWL have tab controls?

.  Ed

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" <e...@mulroy.org> wrote in message news:3ce28b98_1@dnews...

> Does OWL have tab controls?

Yes, TTabControl is a wrapper for the Common Tab Control introduced in Win95.
Also there are classes for property sheets and property pages.

----
Jogy
http://www.jogy.net/
j...@sirma.bg

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Hello,

If you are using Borland C++ 5.0 (not Borland C++ Builder 5.0) then
you can use the TPropertySheet/TPropertyPage classes.
Create a separate child dialog (with no buttons) for each page.

If you want something more complex than a simple dialog with several tabs,
then you will have to do it all yourself. I think that the resource workshop
cannot provide any more functionality other than placing the tab control in the dialog.

----
Jogy
http://www.jogy.net/
j...@sirma.bg

"Sbastien Vinot" <vinot.sebast...@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:3CE25C8C.86E65E08@wanadoo.fr...
> Dear all,

> I'm working on Borland C++ 5.0 with Win 98. I'll like to generate a
> dialog box that contains several tab controls. My question is : how to
> insert other controls on a specific tab control ?

> I tried to insert all and call Show / Hide method to build dynamically
> the dialog box, but it's unhandleable with the resource builder.

> Does anybody had the same problem ? And what was the solution. Thanks.

> Sbastien Vinot.

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Escher,

> I could have worn  he said hes using Borland C++ 5.0 not Builder?

Oops, yes - you're right. I must have read that wrong. Sorry.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Team Thai Kingdom

Re:Using Tab controls on the Resource Builder of BC++ 5.0

Obviously it's been a while since I used OWL.

.  Ed

> > Does OWL have tab controls?
> Yes, TTabControl is a wrapper for the Common
> Tab Control introduced in Win95.

Other Threads