BDE Error - Table is full

When doing a text(CSV) import of 250,000 records into MSSQL I get
the error message "Table is full"
This error is listed in the BDE Error listing document under the heading
of Resource or Limit error.
I don't think it's a limit error and if its a Resource error, how would
I tune SQL or the BDE to  overcome this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tony.

Re:BDE Error - Table is full

If your MSSQL Version is less than 7 you might have run out of log space with
your operation.

Bernd

--
Bernd Ua - Software-Haus Brumund GmbH
u...@nospambrumund.de

Re:BDE Error - Table is full

>If your MSSQL Version is less than 7 you might have run out of log space
with
>your operation.

If you are using MS SQL 6.5 (or less - I wouldn't know):

+ If you turn off AutoCommit to improve performance, make sure that you
BeginTransaction and CommitTransaction often enough. Sending a TQuery with
SQL set to 'DUMP TRANSACTION WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY' helps a lot, too, every so
often.

You are, of course, comprimising the database consistency this way (but this
is usually a necessary evil with bulk operations).

Marcelo Lopez Ruiz

Other Threads