Query with JOIN and some other questions

I am moving from BDE to ADO and I have problems in:

1. Is it possible to make editable ADOQuery, containing JOIN?
    Really, the fields only from one table are updated, another
    table is used only for showing full names, not IDs. Is there
    something like TUpdateSQL?

2. I can not save data to BYTE fields when connecting to Informix
    (Dynamic Server 7.31). The same code (using TBlobStreams)
    works good with Sybase and with TEXT fields in Informix.

    When I call the "Post" method I have an exception "Errors occurred".
     Has anybody experience working with Informix BLOBs via ADO?

3. When I have an exception in query, application catchs
    EDatabaseError exception, that contains only text description,
    not error code. Is it possible to get the exact type of error?

I think many of this questions were already asked here. Is there
any FAQ in this newsgroup?

--
Regards,

Victor A. Kazakov

Re:Query with JOIN and some other questions

> 1. Is it possible to make editable ADOQuery, containing JOIN?
>     Really, the fields only from one table are updated, another
>     table is used only for showing full names, not IDs. Is there
>     something like TUpdateSQL?

I have seen some third party implementations of TADOUpdateSQL
but I haven't tried them. Maybe someone could post a link or two?

Alternatively you can take a look at TBetterADODataSet which
properly handles JOINS updating.

http://web.orbitel.bg/vassil/

HTH
--