Printing RTF/Winword 6.0 documents without Winword

I'm looking for a Delphi 1.0 component which could print some winword 6.0
documents saved in RTF format without Winword. Of course I could uses only
RTF files and it would be easier. The problem is that I need some Winword
functions like {IF Cond "PrintThis" "OrPrintThat"} principally.
Does anyone knows where I could download such a component or a way to
bypass this function using RTF tokens (these must be entered under
Winword).
Thanks.

Please mail a copy at nicoletull...@softhome.net

Re:Printing RTF/Winword 6.0 documents without Winword

In article <01bd2199$354f8a40$fa01000a@station-gxv>,
nicoletull...@softhome.net says...

> I'm looking for a Delphi 1.0 component which could print some winword 6.0
> documents saved in RTF format without Winword. Of course I could uses only
> RTF files and it would be easier. The problem is that I need some Winword
> functions like {IF Cond "PrintThis" "OrPrintThat"} principally.
> Does anyone knows where I could download such a component or a way to
> bypass this function using RTF tokens (these must be entered under
> Winword).

We initially used WinWord 6 and 7 for document creation, but were faced
with customer who didn't run Word. So we switched to HighEdit
(http://www.heiler.com/). It imports RTF files and has bookmark
abilities, so you can add text at bookmarks and select text between
bookmarks and delete it. We had to do some coding to make it work, but we
now have a Delphi program running Win95, Win3.x and OS/2 (using Win16)
and printing reports like a charm. HighEdit isn't too cheep, the source
code isn't available and there are quite a few DLLs to redistribute. But
it works.

Hope this helps.

M.

--
Author of several unknown utilities for DOS and Windows.
http://www.delfidata.no/users/~martin

Other Threads