Newbie JPEG question...

    Greets everyone.  Sorry if this question has already been asked to death
around here but I'm sort of new here and haven't seen any answers that help
me out yet.  Anyway the question is how to use a JPEG in a TImage component
(if possible)?  If not possible how do I use a JPEG image on my forms?  Any
and all help or pointers to help is appreciated, thanks.  :o)

- David

Re:Newbie JPEG question...

If you're using Delphi 3 at least, just add 'JPEG' to the 'uses' clause,
then using a TImage, 'LoadFromFile' method, grab your .JPG picture.

Regards

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
^v^v^v
   Laurie Bisman    lbis...@ihug.co.nz (ICQ number 1458799)

David Carvalho <carval...@NOSPAMearthlink.net> wrote in article
<6vhjvp$ii...@oak.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

>     Greets everyone.  Sorry if this question has already been asked to
death
> around here but I'm sort of new here and haven't seen any answers that
help
> me out yet.  Anyway the question is how to use a JPEG in a TImage
component
> (if possible)?  If not possible how do I use a JPEG image on my forms?
Any
> and all help or pointers to help is appreciated, thanks.  :o)

> - David

Re:Newbie JPEG question...

David Carvalho wrote in message <6vhjvp$ii...@oak.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
>    Greets everyone.  Sorry if this question has already been asked to
death
>around here but I'm sort of new here and haven't seen any answers that help
>me out yet.  Anyway the question is how to use a JPEG in a TImage component
>(if possible)?  If not possible how do I use a JPEG image on my forms?  Any
>and all help or pointers to help is appreciated, thanks.  :o)

Depends on your version of Delphi. If you have 3 or 4, then you have
a TJpegImage class supplied, with documentation.

Otherwise, try the Delphi Super Page for some 3rd party components.

--
Jeremy Collins
Kansai Business Systems

Re:Newbie JPEG question...

<nt> = no text

Re:Newbie JPEG question...

Hi,
One thing that never quite gets pointed out in this "free software or
bust" newsgroup world is that jpeg compressors and decompressors are not
created equal.  In fact, they can be vastly different in speed, features
and quality.  Inprise's JPEG viewer is perhaps adequate, but by no means
fast or top of the line.  So, while it is good to know of cheap
solutions, they might not always be the easiest, most robust or best
suited for your need.  Compare any jpeg viewers to a Pegasus jpeg
decoder on this p-jpeg as an exaggerated example, but the point is
made.  http://www.jpg.com/technology/Adve_decmpr_image.htm
Sorry for the commercial message, but the info on jpeg was treating jpeg
viewers as equal, and it ain't nearly so.
Good luck,
jack
(member, jpeg standards committee)
--
   Check out "BETTER JPEG" live: http://www.jpegwizard.com/
David Carvalho wrote:

>     Greets everyone.  Sorry if this question has already been asked to death
> around here but I'm sort of new here and haven't seen any answers that help
> me out yet.  Anyway the question is how to use a JPEG in a TImage component
> (if possible)?  If not possible how do I use a JPEG image on my forms?  Any
> and all help or pointers to help is appreciated, thanks.  :o)

> - David

Other Threads