IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

4.5 is up on CodeCentral
http://ww6.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/author?authorid=102

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is

Re:IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:
> 4.5 is up on CodeCentral
> http://ww6.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/author?authorid=102

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is
> none of my business but ~" is to place a period after the word "but".
> Don't use excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period.
> Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get
> you talked about.   (RAH)

COOOOOOL!!!  Full barrel of beer and week on Bahama, yes?
Congratulations.

Re:IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

Good. Finally, my 6 months AV problem when finishing my application is
fixed. Thank you.
Juan Jose.

Od: "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net>
Temat: IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

> 4.5 is up on CodeCentral
> http://ww6.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/author?authorid=102

F_A_N_T_A_S_T_I_C!
Thanks, TeamB!

But... Why now my ReportBuilderPro package for IBX doesn't load? I think i
should call Digital Metaphors with this problem, this is only to make you
know. Anyway - good work!

Cheers
Jarek Zgoda

Re:IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

Thank you very mutch Jeff - for all your work you have done for us

Bernhard Hartl

Re:IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

maybe you have to recompile ReportBuilder.
"Jarek Zgoda" <jar...@webmedia.pl> wrote in message

> Od: "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net>
> Temat: IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

Re:IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

Well as soon as I read this here (because the c++ builder 5 community is
forgotten) I found at Jeff's download page that the file to update the c++
builder was there, ready for download. So I downloaded it and installed.

1) Good surprise! The series of exceptions that occurred in my application
when it was closed (the de{*word*81} showed that the exceptions were being
generated AFTER my code was finished and some code I don't have control over
took over) are now gone. My application closes smoothly and silently.

2) The BAD surprise. (Sorry, but this one is apparently a little bug that
looks like a BIG ONE) My lookup datasets are simply NOT WORKING. I use lots
of the DBLookupComboBoxes and now, when users type something with focus on
them, nothing is ever located.

I have read other users of the IBX components talking about the Locate()
method not working. That must have something to do with the problem I have
encountered.

As soon as I returned to 4.42, the exception when closing the application
came up again and the DBLookupComboBoxes started working the way they are
intended.

Hopefully, this won't be a major problem.

Franz J Fortuny

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net> escribi en el mensaje

Jarek Zgoda wrote:

> Od: "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <overc...@onramp.net>
> Temat: IBX 4.5 for Delphi and BCB now available

> > 4.5 is up on CodeCentral
> > http://ww6.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/author?authorid=102

> F_A_N_T_A_S_T_I_C!
> Thanks, TeamB!

> But... Why now my ReportBuilderPro package for IBX doesn't load? I think i
> should call Digital Metaphors with this problem, this is only to make you
> know. Anyway - good work!

When IBX jumps a minor version (4.4x to 4.5) expect an interface change because
aa new feature was added or was done to fix a bug.  This will mean rebuilding
packages that depend on IBX.  ReportBuilder's rbIBE55.dpk is the only one I am
aware of, but I'm sure there are others.  This has been true with every jump in
minor version.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is
none of my business but ~" is to place a period after the word "but".
Don't use excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period.
Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get
you talked about.   (RAH)

Other Threads