OLE Error codes (800A03EC)

I get this error codes returned from OLE on some machines. I know it
is specific to Excel (the "A" means facility related error). However,
where are these specific codes documented? Online search of MSDN
turned up nothing for me.

Re:OLE Error codes (800A03EC)

Doug:

You might want to check the OLECTL.PAS unit.  Typically, any OLE
errors returned with a 800A as their prefix usually indicate a
standard OLE control error (or status code).  You'll find the OLE
control errors listed in OLECTL.PAS.  Try OR-ing the CTL_E_<errors>
in OLECTL.PAS with your 800A03EC error to see what is actually
happening.

Unfortunately, since your error code (03EC) is greater than 1000
(decimal), it sounds like it pertains to a specific custom control.
Here's what Microsoft has to say about CTL_E_<errors> above 1000:

   If necessary, use the CUSTOM_CTL_SCODE macro to define a custom
   error code for a condition that is not covered by one of the
   standard codes. The parameter for this macro should be an integer
   between 1000 and 32767, inclusive. For example:

      #define MYCTL_E_SPECIALERROR CUSTOM_CTL_SCODE(1000)

Sorry if this info doesn't answer your question, but I hope it
helps,

-Jim Rofkar.

Doug Chamberlin <dchamberlinNOS...@dlawton.com> wrote in article
<35a67b2e.27428197@wingate>...
: I get this error codes returned from OLE on some machines. I know it
: is specific to Excel (the "A" means facility related error). However,
: where are these specific codes documented? Online search of MSDN
: turned up nothing for me.

Re:OLE Error codes (800A03EC)

I got the same error code when trying to pass an undefined integer to excel.
Silly syntax error, hard to find...

i.e. ExcelSheet.Cell [i,j] where i was undefined.

Hope this helps...

Doug Chamberlin wrote in message <35a67b2e.27428197@wingate>...
>I get this error codes returned from OLE on some machines. I know it
>is specific to Excel (the "A" means facility related error). However,
>where are these specific codes documented? Online search of MSDN
>turned up nothing for me.

Other Threads