DCOM error : "The server {XXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

We've got an Automation Server running on a distant machine via DCOM (this
machine is running NT 4.0 Server SP3, IE 4.01). Everything works fine when
launching the server application as INTERACTIVE (wether or not the user is a
local administrator), or with a user who is a local administrator.

When not running as INTERACTIVE, but with a user who is not a local
administrator we get the following error in the event viewer of the server
machine:

The server {XXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Our Authentication Level is CONNECT, and the Impersonation Level is
IDENTIFY.

How can we run a DCOM server with a user who is not logged on, and who is
not a local administrator ???

PLEASE HELP US !!!

Re:DCOM error : "The server {XXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."

You can create a local user or group account (that has just the proper
security you need for your app) on that machine (or on your PDC machine and
make sure user authentication on that machine goes to the PDC machine too).
And then use that new account in DCOMCNFG.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

Dominique Deleris wrote in message <73m990$ev...@forums.borland.com>...
>We've got an Automation Server running on a distant machine via DCOM (this
>machine is running NT 4.0 Server SP3, IE 4.01). Everything works fine when
>launching the server application as INTERACTIVE (wether or not the user is
>local administrator), or with a user who is a local administrator.

>When not running as INTERACTIVE, but with a user who is not a local
>administrator we get the following error in the event viewer of the server
>machine:

>The server {XXX} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

>Our Authentication Level is CONNECT, and the Impersonation Level is
>IDENTIFY.

>How can we run a DCOM server with a user who is not logged on, and who is
>not a local administrator ???

>PLEASE HELP US !!!

Other Threads