Permissions to use registry

I have an application that will be used by several users on each machine.
Each will have their own login.

If I use HKEY_CURRENT_USER as the root, I think I will get a different set
of entries for each user, but I think there may be difficulties in using
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE because I think you need administrator access to update
things below this key in NT.

I will have Win95 and NT users.
I am using Delphi 3.0.

I would like information (or perhaps an existing unit) that can update
entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE without security hassles.

Steve

(Replies via email appreciated)

Re:Permissions to use registry

Try saving it to HKEY_USERS/.Default  (It is the key with default settings
for all users - you might have access to it)
Steve Hodges wrote in message ...
>I have an application that will be used by several users on each machine.
>Each will have their own login.

>If I use HKEY_CURRENT_USER as the root, I think I will get a different set
>of entries for each user, but I think there may be difficulties in using
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE because I think you need administrator access to update
>things below this key in NT.

>I will have Win95 and NT users.
>I am using Delphi 3.0.

>I would like information (or perhaps an existing unit) that can update
>entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE without security hassles.

>Steve

>(Replies via email appreciated)

Other Threads