Special CheckList components needed

I am working in D6 (just came up from D4).
As I have also just moved from Win 95 to XP, I am missing the old
Backup.exe that was in the old OS.
I havn't so far found a ready to use backup application with the same
fratures as that
old one, so ...
I do have an old project stored away, that stoped, when I ended up with
some missing pieces. At the same time that old Backup turned up to do
the job quite well.

In that application you were able to select entire directories with a
check in the directory list, and single files in the file list.
If only parts of the files in a directory were selected, the checkbox in
the directory list was shown in a dark gray color.

Does anybody know where I can get components like that, or do I have to
venture
into a development session myself?
(absolutely NO experience with that, I'm afraid, so it will be long)
It might be done upon the CheckListBox, but .... ?!

As the components were (are ?) used in the Backup application, they
might be available for 'MacroSoft' C-systems, but Delphi ?

Re:Special CheckList components needed

Try www.torry.net
There you will probably find everything you need
"walker" <walk...@sol.dk> wrote in message news:3D215664.D49F1E9D@sol.dk...
> I am working in D6 (just came up from D4).
> As I have also just moved from Win 95 to XP, I am missing the old
> Backup.exe that was in the old OS.
> I havn't so far found a ready to use backup application with the same
> fratures as that
> old one, so ...
> I do have an old project stored away, that stoped, when I ended up with
> some missing pieces. At the same time that old Backup turned up to do
> the job quite well.

> In that application you were able to select entire directories with a
> check in the directory list, and single files in the file list.
> If only parts of the files in a directory were selected, the checkbox in
> the directory list was shown in a dark gray color.

> Does anybody know where I can get components like that, or do I have to
> venture
> into a development session myself?
> (absolutely NO experience with that, I'm afraid, so it will be long)
> It might be done upon the CheckListBox, but .... ?!

> As the components were (are ?) used in the Backup application, they
> might be available for 'MacroSoft' C-systems, but Delphi ?

Re:Special CheckList components needed

"walker" <walk...@sol.dk> wrote in message news:3D215664.D49F1E9D@sol.dk...
> Does anybody know where I can get components like that, or do I have to
> venture
> into a development session myself?
> (absolutely NO experience with that, I'm afraid, so it will be long)
> It might be done upon the CheckListBox, but .... ?!

Check the links section of
http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ.htm for sites that
may have components.

What you want to do is actually fairly simple using the standard tTreeView
component. Create an image list with icons that show each of the three
checkbox states: checked, unchecked, gray checked. Then simply adjust the
ImageIndex of each node to display the appropriate icon.

Other Threads