joining a paradox table to an MSAccess table in an SQL query

I have an application that because of some legacy requirements uses both
paradox tables as well as an MSAccess97 database.  I would like to do an
inner join from a paradox table to the access table.  I have tried doing it
with a homogenous join (i.e.. :AccessAlias:Accesstable.Field =
:ParadoxAlias:ParadoxTable.field) but alas this hasn't worked.  I was
wondering if anyone has found a way to do it.

--
Jake Anderson
jakeander...@byu.edu

Re:joining a paradox table to an MSAccess table in an SQL query

Jake Anderson (jakeander...@byu.edu) wrote:

: I have an application that because of some legacy requirements uses both
: paradox tables as well as an MSAccess97 database.  I would like to do an
: inner join from a paradox table to the access table.  I have tried doing it
: with a homogenous join (i.e.. :AccessAlias:Accesstable.Field =
: :ParadoxAlias:ParadoxTable.field) but alas this hasn't worked.  I was
: wondering if anyone has found a way to do it.

Haven't tried this specifically, but, coming from a Paradox for Windows
background, what I find works best is to create a Paradox-style query
in Database Desktop, verify that it will run, then do "Query - Show SQL"
to get an equivalent SQL statement that can be passed to the BDE.
I'll often edit the SQL to optimize it, but at least that gets me
started with something that works.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu

Re:joining a paradox table to an MSAccess table in an SQL query

For Paradox 3-5 you can use Microsoft ISAM, e.g.:

select A.*, B.*
from Table1 A, [Paradox 3.X;DATABASE=C:\Path].Table2 B
where A.Field1 = B.Field1

"Jake Anderson" <jakeander...@byu.edu> schreef in bericht

> I have an application that because of some legacy requirements uses both
> paradox tables as well as an MSAccess97 database.  I would like to do an
> inner join from a paradox table to the access table.  I have tried doing
it
> with a homogenous join (i.e.. :AccessAlias:Accesstable.Field =
> :ParadoxAlias:ParadoxTable.field) but alas this hasn't worked.  I was
> wondering if anyone has found a way to do it.

> --
> Jake Anderson
> jakeander...@byu.edu
> MTC Development