ShellListView, ShellTreeView and ShellComboBox

Has anyone successfully used the sample Shell components included in Delphi
6?  Are there any docs for using the sample Shell Controls?

I have the three (List, Tree and Combo) on a form. I can programmatically
set the path in Combo, but that doesn't change the other two.

I want to be able to use these three to enable to navigate to an area to
select Paradox tables which I will then use to add data to MS SQL Server.  I
want the app to remember the last folder (directory) used and automatically
open to that location the next time the app is opened.  If I try to set the
Path of the ShellTreeView, it doesn't work and I get an AV when I later exit
the program.

I am able to set the path of the ShellComboBox, but the other linked
components don't change.  They only change if I change the path in the
ShellComboBox by clicking and selecting.

Terry.

Re:ShellListView, ShellTreeView and ShellComboBox

In article <3dff77b...@newsgroups.borland.com>, tc says...

> Has anyone successfully used the sample Shell components included in Delphi
> 6?  Are there any docs for using the sample Shell Controls?

> I have the three (List, Tree and Combo) on a form. I can programmatically
> set the path in Combo, but that doesn't change the other two.

Connect them. Use the TFolder objects each has.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

"We should leave our minds open, but not so open that our brains
 fall out." - Alan Ross Anderson

Re:ShellListView, ShellTreeView and ShellComboBox

Sorry for being so dense, but how do I use the TFolder objects each has?

I basically want to be able to read an ini file and then set the current
folder for each of the shell components:

var curPath: String;

begin
  curPath := ini.ReadString('Settings','CurrentPath','c:\');
  ShellComboBox1.Path := curPath;
  ShellTreeView.Path    := curPath;  < THIS DOESN'T WORK >
  ShellListView.Path    := curPath:     < THIS DOESN'T WORK >

Any ideas?

Terry

In article <3dffa...@newsgroups.borland.com>, tc says...

> Sorry for being so dense, but how do I use the TFolder objects each has?

> I basically want to be able to read an ini file and then set the current
> folder for each of the shell components:

> var curPath: String;

> begin
>   curPath := ini.ReadString('Settings','CurrentPath','c:\');

ShellComboBox1.ListView := ShellListView;
ShellComboBox1.TreeView := ShellTreeView;

>   ShellComboBox1.Path := curPath;

--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

"We should leave our minds open, but not so open that our brains
 fall out." - Alan Ross Anderson

Other Threads