Which BDE version support SQL Role?

Hi All,

I am looking for a BDE which support InterBase SQL Role.
Interbase 6 document said BDE 5.2 is support and I downloaded, but
installation program is looking for Delphi or C++ Builder on the PC when I
try to install.

I am trying to install BDE with SQL Role on the user's PC not only on my PC.
Because I set up numbers of  Roles on my Interbase database.

Thanks.

Peter

Re:Which BDE version support SQL Role?

peter wrote:

> I am looking for a BDE which support InterBase SQL Role.

        5.1 and 5.2 do, perhaps others.

> I am trying to install BDE with SQL Role on the user's PC not only on my PC.
> Because I set up numbers of  Roles on my Interbase database.

http://groups.google.com/groups?group:*interbase*&hl=en&safe=off&rnum...

        (Link may wrap)

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:Which BDE version support SQL Role?

Thanks Craig,

My present BDE is coming with Delphi 5 Enterprise version.
I downloaded BDE 5.1.1 update patch and updated.
But I still can not see the Role Name in the Definition tab of  BDE
Administrator.

Version number in Help, About box is 5.01
In the version information on the alias said
GDS32.DLL version 6.0.0.627,
IDAPI32.dll version 5.1.1.1(0), ......., ......, .......
IDPROV32.DLL version N/A,
BANTAM.dll version 1.0.0.8(0),
BLW32.dll version 3.0.0.5(0),
DBClient.dll version 5.0.1.32(0)

I think updated BDE is using old configuration file idapi.cfg and old config
file does not have
Role Name.
Any idea?

Peter

Craig Stuntz (TeamB) <cstuntz@no_spam.vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message

> peter wrote:

> > I am looking for a BDE which support InterBase SQL Role.

> 5.1 and 5.2 do, perhaps others.

> > I am trying to install BDE with SQL Role on the user's PC not only on my
PC.
> > Because I set up numbers of  Roles on my Interbase database.

http://groups.google.com/groups?group:*interbase*&hl=en&safe=off&rnum...
=3b3c58ce_1%40dnews

peter wrote:

> I think updated BDE is using old configuration file idapi.cfg and old config
> file does not have
> Role Name.
> Any idea?

        Yeah, post this question in borland.public.bde.  :)