Eof and Bof Error with MDAC 2.6 (ado update 2 installed)

Really can't figure out why becouse update 2 should have fix that problem

Ideas ????

Thanks

      David  B.E    agros...@arava.co.il

Re:Eof and Bof Error with MDAC 2.6 (ado update 2 installed)

"Oliver Townshend" <oli...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

> > Ideas ????

> Change your open statements to:

>     try
>         Table1.Open;
>     except
>         if not Table1.Active then raise;
>     end;

> Oliver

Why is that?????
what exectly are you telling??

David

Re:Eof and Bof Error with MDAC 2.6 (ado update 2 installed)

> >     try
> >         Table1.Open;
> >     except
> >         if not Table1.Active then raise;
> >     end;
> Why is that?????
> what exectly are you telling??

I have this problem with the Adonis components, and this is my solution.
What happens is that I open the Table (or query).  If this generates an
exception, then if it is the Eof/Bof error, then the table is still open.
Any other error would leave the table closed.  So if the table is closed, I
raise the error for other parts of the program to handle.

So if the code above executes, the Bof/Eof error is trapped, handled and the
user never sees the problem.  Any other error is raised.

Oliver

Re:Eof and Bof Error with MDAC 2.6 (ado update 2 installed)

Thanks but thats not the case

David

> > >     try
> > >         Table1.Open;
> > >     except
> > >         if not Table1.Active then raise;
> > >     end;

> > Why is that?????
> > what exectly are you telling??

> I have this problem with the Adonis components, and this is my solution.
> What happens is that I open the Table (or query).  If this generates an
> exception, then if it is the Eof/Bof error, then the table is still open.
> Any other error would leave the table closed.  So if the table is closed,
> raise the error for other parts of the program to handle.

> So if the code above executes, the Bof/Eof error is trapped, handled and
the
> user never sees the problem.  Any other error is raised.

> Oliver

Other Threads