Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

2007-01-11 07:44:35 AM
delphi41
"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) writes:

>The game has a scrollbar issue on my machine. The grid is larger than
>the form's client area, so I have to scroll to see the last row and
>column.

Weird, the size is fixed, so it shouldnt do that! :(
Could it be system font size or DPI related if you scale grid after
font digit sizes? Resize form client height/width to grid
height/width on FormShow to fix it?

Liz writes:
Joe Hendricks writes:

>Wanted to thank you for the fun contribution!
>
>My wife manages two pediatric clinics, and has found your game the
>ultimate stress reducer when she gets home exhausted from work.

Thank you!

I intend to do a few more of those types, maybe tetris / tic-tac-toe /
maybe even multi user hang man.. maybe...

A quick note -- I went to the link that said it would discuss the
concepts about programming the game, and it went to an unrelated page...
David Erbas-White

Lars Fosdal writes:
Could it be system font size or DPI related if you scale grid after
font digit sizes? Resize form client height/width to grid
height/width on FormShow to fix it?
Its all fixed, hence the only thing I can think of is borders
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

David Erbas-White writes:
A quick note -- I went to the link that said it would discuss the
concepts about programming the game, and it went to an unrelated
page...
No it went to more about delphi, and my tutorial, which covers some
areas about how some aspects are written.
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

"Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
For a web-based sudoku game, you might enjoy
www.sudokuslam.com/ too.
I can usually do sudoko puzzles in 5-10 minutes. A medium puzzle on
that site just took me 45 minutes! Ouch.
Gambit

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Lars Fosdal writes:

>Could it be system font size or DPI related if you scale grid after
>font digit sizes? Resize form client height/width to grid
>height/width on FormShow to fix it?

Its all fixed, hence the only thing I can think of is borders
If it is, it should be easy to provoke in:
Control Panel, Display Properties, Appearance, Advanced.
Choose Active Window Border and change the size.
Alternatively - in case it is font related:
Control Panel, Display Properties, Appearance.
Change the font size.
Lars F.

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

"Liz" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Carl Caulkett writes:

>That's what I call ROI.

ROI?

>Nice one, Liz :-)

Thanks :)

--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings
Return On Investment is one possibility.
-----Jon-----

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

"Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

For a web-based sudoku game, you might enjoy
www.sudokuslam.com/ too. I have tried many of the sudoku
websites and most of them are pretty bad, but this one is particularly
excellent. The interface is clean, intuitive, and has many advanced
features, such as sophisticated "next move hints", highlighting,
auto-fill, undo to first error, etc.

--
Chris (TeamB);
Interesting. That site uses a similar design to what I did for my mother. (A

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

I will do.. Im also curious though to find out what your computer has
that it seems most dont :)
Non-standard scrollbar widths (system-wide setting)?
Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

I intend to do a few more of those types, maybe tetris / tic-tac-toe /
maybe even multi user hang man.. maybe...
There is one (I don't remember the name because I can not find the book) but
it was in the sudoku/kakuro section. It is a grid of boxes that have
numbers on the top/left... in some way, the numbers at the top and left must
intersect (the numbers are nothing more than hints) and form a solid box.
When complete, the grid becomes a picture. It is quite fun and
exceptionally challenging.
I found it... called "hanjie" (www.hanjie.co.uk/) and a variant
(www.conceptispuzzles.com/products/index.htm) .
I began writing a "solver" algorithm but have been unsuccessful writing a
"creator" algorithm given a bitmap. I like this game, because on paper (at
work when people often ask about whether I solved the puzzle or not) I can
simply give up and fill in boxes and make my own art and no one is any the
wiser =D
Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn B. writes:
I found it... called "hanjie" (www.hanjie.co.uk/) and a
The grids didnt work too well under firefox for me, but its a fun idea!
--

Jon Springs writes:

Return On Investment is one possibility.
Well that was my assumption, but, I didnt quite see how it fitted :)
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

>I found it... called "hanjie" (www.hanjie.co.uk/) and a

The grids didnt work too well under firefox for me, but its a fun idea!

True, it doesn't work in firefox... that sucks... you'd think people would
care by now about alternate browsers. anyway, you try the other link I
sent? that one has many variations and looks like a really fun excercise in
puzzle algorithms.
Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Ping Liz re your Delphi Sudoko app on your site

The grids didnt work too well under firefox for me, but its a fun idea!
BTW: the conceptis puzzles appear to work just fine in Firefox.
Thanks,
Shawn

Shawn B. writes:
True, it doesn't work in firefox... that sucks... you'd think people
would care by now about alternate browsers. anyway, you try the
other link I sent? that one has many variations and looks like a
really fun excercise in puzzle algorithms.
the more I thought about it the more I remember stuff like that as a
kid, and I used to do logic problems too, word searches stuff like that.
I think those are lost in the computer world, people should be
encouraged to think but in a fun way, not just do mindless shooting :)
(Which is also good for the soul in other ways)