Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Thanks Rod!
Good news!
Andreas
"Rod" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Ray Porter writes:
Okay, sorry but my German is a little rusty. Can someone provide an
English translation?
Well, Google tries but doesn't do a great job.
tinyurl.com/kbpqe
--
Jon Robertson
Borland Certified Advanced Delphi 7 Developer

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Rod writes:
www.delphipraxis.net/topic75791_vortrag+auf+delphi+tage+2006+zu
r+zukunft+von+borland.html
Hoi Rod
Good to see that the DevCo people are willing to talk about the
situation, but there are no solution presented, so things are still
just floating around.
"Jungs, es geht weiter."
Well time is running, but the current uncertaincy situation is not in
DevCo advantage.
Doei RIF

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

At 21:49:50, 19.02.2006, Ray Porter writes:
Okay, sorry but my German is a little rusty. Can someone provide an
English translation?
Straight in the Keynote of the Delphi 2006 days Jason Vokes spoke to us.
Also present, straight from teh US via {*word*272}, were DavidI and Michael
Swindell.
[pic]
[Click the pictures to see them enlarged]
Borland has decided to separate itself from the IDE business.
Borland is looking for an investor to spin out the IDE biz into its own
company.
The name DevCo in the pictures is just a placeholder for the company name
to be, because it is not known what the new name will be.
The employees of the IDE department are integrated in the process of the
spin out and have a certain say in this.
Borland's target is to concentrate on the ALM business.
Target is also not to let the IDEs die, but to give DevCo the chance to
fully concentrate on the IDE business and advance it.
[pic]
This is how Borland currently looks. A colorful mix of ALM and IDE
products.
[pic]
In future the IDes and everything that belongs to it will be grouped in
DevCo.
Borland will only retain the ALM tools.
Licensing will ensure that the ALM tools can continue to be integrated
into the IDEs. So also in the future everything which you already know
will be available in the IDes.
[pic]
DevCo should enusre that we will also be provided with the world's best
development tools and support for all platforms (Win32, .NET, .NET 2.0,
Win64, ...) in the future.
All in all I can only say.
Boys, there is progress.
This is a very big chance to further Delphi with new innovations.
DevCo rocks!
--
Ramona

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Okay, sorry but my German is a little rusty. Can someone provide an English
translation?
Ray
"Andreas Lindae" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Delphi Go !!!

www.delphipraxis.net/topic75791_vortrag+auf+delphi+tage+2006+zur+zukunft+von+borland.html

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Rod writes:
Delphi Go !!!

www.delphipraxis.net/topic75791_vortrag+auf+delphi+tage+2006+zur+zukunft+von+borland.html

I know it may come as a surprise to you, but not all people know German.
Can you write a summary please?
--
Petros

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Jon Robertson writes:
Well, Google tries but doesn't do a great job.
I like the part about "boron country". Doesn't sound too healthy to live
in.

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Well, Google tries but doesn't do a great job.

tinyurl.com/kbpqe

Where "boron country" = Borland :-)

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

theo writes:
Where "boron country" = Borland :-)
The translation is actually flawless. Maybe, for the new company's name,
we could go further down the periodic table, all the way to Goldland. :)

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Hi!
Just have a look at the pictures. There is nothing new in the text.
Robert

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

Dominic Willems schrieb:
all the way to Goldland. :)

better than DeathCo

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

At 23:14:38, 19.02.2006, Ray Porter writes:
Thanks for the translation. I had hoped for something new. I really
hope the period of uncertainty doesn't continue for too long.
The announcement was made less than two weeks ago. Give them a few more
weeks.
--
Ramona

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

"Ramona van Riet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
At 21:49:50, 19.02.2006, Ray Porter writes:

>Okay, sorry but my German is a little rusty. Can someone provide an
>English translation?

Straight in the Keynote of the Delphi 2006 days Jason Vokes spoke to us.
Also present, straight from teh US via {*word*272}, were DavidI and Michael
Swindell.

[pic]
[Click the pictures to see them enlarged]

Borland has decided to separate itself from the IDE business.
Borland is looking for an investor to spin out the IDE biz into its own
company.
The name DevCo in the pictures is just a placeholder for the company name
to be, because it is not known what the new name will be.
The employees of the IDE department are integrated in the process of the
spin out and have a certain say in this.
Borland's target is to concentrate on the ALM business.
Target is also not to let the IDEs die, but to give DevCo the chance to
fully concentrate on the IDE business and advance it.

[pic]
This is how Borland currently looks. A colorful mix of ALM and IDE
products.

[pic]
In future the IDes and everything that belongs to it will be grouped in
DevCo.
Borland will only retain the ALM tools.
Licensing will ensure that the ALM tools can continue to be integrated
into the IDEs. So also in the future everything which you already know
will be available in the IDes.

[pic]
DevCo should enusre that we will also be provided with the world's best
development tools and support for all platforms (Win32, .NET, .NET 2.0,
Win64, ...) in the future.

All in all I can only say.

Boys, there is progress.

This is a very big chance to further Delphi with new innovations.

DevCo rocks!

--
Ramona

Re:Latest news: Delphi Go !!!

I know it may come as a surprise to you, but not all people know German.
Can you write a summary please?
At least this time it aren't the Americans or the British expecting everyone to
speak English.
However as Robert said, nothing new, you get more details reading the newsgroup
here.