when two transactions write same record

2004-02-03 01:15:03 PM
delphi14
Hi
when two transactions write same record at the same time,
some transaction of the two while get "deadlock" message.
how can i prevent it or capture it.

Re:when two transactions write same record

I use a trick...
When I want to "edit" a record I do this...
try
ibdataset.edit;
ibdataset.post; // This makes that if someone are "editing" this record
it's "locked" by the system
except
showmessage('Record in edit state');
exit;
end;
ibdataset.edit;
"Hellow" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escribi?en el mensaje
Hi
when two transactions write same record at the same time,
some transaction of the two while get "deadlock" message.
how can i prevent it or capture it.

Re:when two transactions write same record

thanks!

Re:when two transactions write same record

Bill, any way to find out which transaction(s) has/have the locks ?
Ben