soap delphi7 ssl

2005-04-27 09:58:43 PM
delphi247
how use soap acess web services througth SSL in delphi7?
--
Email: XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

"imstamp" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
how use soap acess web services througth SSL in delphi7?
AFAIK, as long as you use the https protocol to access the service,
INTERNET_FLAG_SECURE will automatically be added, so there really are no
special steps involved.
Regards,
Goran

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

imstamp writes:
how use soap acess web services througth SSL in delphi7?
JUst use https instead of http.
If the site you are connecting to had a valid digital certificiate that
can be validated by the certificate issuer, then it will work without
any other changes.
However if you are using a non certified, or expired digital
certificate, you will have to add the certificate to Internet Explorers
certificate mangager. If you don't, IIRC, your client will hang without
any error message.
hth
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

However if you are using a non certified, or expired digital
certificate, you will have to add the certificate to Internet Explorers
certificate mangager. If you don't, IIRC, your client will hang without
any error message.
Or alternatively (checked on Delphi 7 build 8.1) you can include the
soIgnoreInvalidCerts option in THTTPReqResp.InvokeOptions which will enable
the INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID and
INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_DATE_INVALID flags when the message is sent. Works
only when WinInet is used though (default in D7).
Regards,
Goran

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

thanks!
I just want to use THTTPRIO invoke the web service that was privated by
PayPal(https://www.paypal.com or https://www.sandbox.paypal.com)`in delphi7
.
I haved downloaded <<Web Services API Reference>>of the site.
Can you help me!
create a sample?
thanks !thanks !thanks !thanks !
My english is so poor.sorry! sorry!

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

Goran Skledar writes:
Or alternatively (checked on Delphi 7 build 8.1) you can include the
soIgnoreInvalidCerts option in THTTPReqResp.InvokeOptions which will
enable the INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_CN_INVALID and
INTERNET_FLAG_IGNORE_CERT_DATE_INVALID flags when the message is
sent. Works only when WinInet is used though (default in D7).
Thanks, didn't know that....
The project was done in D6......
keep smiling
--
Rob Schieck
TeamB

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

I never used the PayPal APIs myself, except playing around the sandbox a
while ago, so I can not give you a working example. And last time I checked,
PayPal API documentation was great, so you should probably start with
reading through the API reference and get to know the architecture,
datatypes, request and response structures and security requirements.
A few tips and pointers to get you started:
If you haven't already, create a test account at the sandbox, then request
and download a test certificate and start by importing the WSDL and schema
definitions into Delphi with the WSDL Importer wizard. I recommend you save
all the necessary files to your computer and import them from there (get the
PayPalSvc.wsdl, then save the eBLBaseComponents and CoreComponentTypes
schema files into the same folder).
Before using the API, you will need to take care of PayPal's three security
requirements:
1. SSL transport
As far as I know, Delphi 7 supports that without a problem, as long as you
connect to the service via https.
2. RequesterCredentials SOAP header with your API username and API password
(you received the username when you applied for a test certificate)
This will require you to insert a custom SOAP header prior to sending the
request. Delphi 7 also supports this without a problem. Check the
SOAPHeaders demo under Demos\WebServices inside your Delphi installation
folder. The actual structure of this header is described in PayPal API
documentation.
3. Signing the SOAP request with your certificate
This will be a tricky one. Delphi 7 SOAP support doesn't include WS-Security
(signing and encripting SOAP messages) and I haven't come across any
examples or sample code. You might want to search the newsgroups or check
what Google comes up with.
Good luck.
Goran

Re:soap delphi7 ssl

Goran Skledar
help me !!!!!
how can i Sign the SOAP request with the certificate?????
I had searched lots newgroups and google,but nothing been found.
what should i do?