Product INTERBASE is not licensed

2007-04-03 10:39:30 AM
delphi147
Hi and thanks for any help.
I recently upgraded from Interbase v5.5 (installed from Delphi 5) to
Interbase 2007 (v8.0.0.27) developer edition - I am preparing to
upgrade my client and wanted to test the upgrade process. Initial
installation and upgrade went smoothly. All old tables, SPs and data
came over without a problem. Even most of my old Delphi 5 apps
compiled without errors.
However, I have noticed since the upgrade that, after sitting idle for a
day or two, when I go to work with the database either through the
IBConsole or through an application Interbase reports the error
"Product INTERBASE is not licensed". Restarting the Guardian resolves
this problem, but I am concerned now about my client installing IB
2007. Is there something I missed somewhere in the setup and/or
upgrade process? Is this a limitation of the free developer edition?
I am running IB locally on Windows XP Pro.
Thanks
Doug

Re:Product INTERBASE is not licensed

Hi there,
If I recall correctly, the Developer eddition requires a restart every
24 hours. This is one of the built in limitations to stop you useing it
for production purposes.
So fear not, it is not an error. It is just a restriction in the
version you are testing.
--
Robin.
Australian Bridal Accessories := www.bridalbuzz.com.au
[...]

Robin writes:
If I recall correctly,
Ah, there it is. I new I saw it somewhere:
groups.google.com.au/group/borland.public.interbase.general/browse_thread/thread/6abab8d34e760ca9/c13436c18b07427d
or
tinyurl.com/3e4sr8
--

On Apr 2, 11:02 pm, Robin <Robin@.com>writes:
Robin writes:
>If I recall correctly,

Ah, there it is. I new I saw it somewhere:

groups.google.com.au/group/borland.public.interbase.general/br...

or

tinyurl.com/3e4sr8

--
Robin.

Australian Bridal Accessories :=www.bridalbuzz.com.au
Turbo for Noobs (a work in progress) :=turbofornoobs.blogspot.com/
Wow, OK thanks Robin. A more detailed error message would have been
nice to avoid me wasting people's time. I appreciate the help. Looks
like we'll be moving forward with the upgrade.
Doug

Re:Product INTERBASE is not licensed

One note is that thread is discussing the InterBase 7.5 Developers
Release. The InterBase 2007 Developers Release allows remote
connections. Everything else is the same.
Robin writes:
Robin writes:
>If I recall correctly,

Ah, there it is. I new I saw it somewhere:

groups.google.com.au/group/borland.public.interbase.general/browse_thread/thread/6abab8d34e760ca9/c13436c18b07427d

or

tinyurl.com/3e4sr8

--
CREATE DOMAIN NEW_COMPANY AS CHAR(8) DEFAULT 'CODEGEAR' CHECK (VALUE <>
'BORLAND') NOT NULL;

Quinn Wildman (CodeGear Developer Support) writes:
One note is that thread is discussing the InterBase 7.5 Developers
Release. The InterBase 2007 Developers Release allows remote
connections. Everything else is the same.

Thanks for the clarification Quinn.