Save the output to a file

Hello,
InterBase 7.1 SP2
Is it possible to spool the output to a file by running a script file.
For eg: I want to get the count of all the table in the
database. Is it possible to write the whole query in a
script file and get the output in another file
Thanks in advance.
Rinosh

Re:Save the output to a file

InterBase 7.1 SP2

Is it possible to spool the output to a file by running a script file.

For eg: I want to get the count of all the table in the
database. Is it possible to write the whole query in a
script file and get the output in another file
Yes, you can isql for that. For example:
isql <your_db>-i input.sql -o output.txt -u sysdba -p masterkey
--
HTH,
Thomas Steinmaurer

Re:Save the output to a file

To add to Thomas's reply, it depends on what tool you are using to run
your script. Thomas's reply applies to isql is certainly how I would do it.
If you are IBConsole you can't.
Thomas Steinmaurer writes:
>InterBase 7.1 SP2
>
>Is it possible to spool the output to a file by running a script file.
>
>For eg: I want to get the count of all the table in the
>database. Is it possible to write the whole query in a script file and
>get the output in another file

Yes, you can isql for that. For example:

isql <your_db>-i input.sql -o output.txt -u sysdba -p masterkey

Re:Save the output to a file

Thank you very much