Spectrum of audio file

2004-06-19 10:55:09 PM
delphi236
Hi All,
Does anyone know how to get the spectrum of an audio file?
I want to make someting like the 'Bars and Waves' in MediaPlayer 9.

Re:Spectrum of audio file

you need a function that will do a "fast fourier transform" on it. Just do a
google search, there are lots out there.
Peter Herijgers <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Peter Herijgers writes:

Does anyone know how to get the spectrum of an audio file?
I want to make someting like the 'Bars and Waves' in MediaPlayer 9.
I had previoulsy wrote a little example sound + spectrum delphi5 app.
It was for a newsgroup poster, that wanted to write a guitar tuner.
Anyway, it is thew basis of your task, so I am attaching that example to
a message in the borland.public.attachments newsgroup.
--
Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics and Computing

Re:Spectrum of audio file

I would also be interested in that example, but can not find it in the
.attachments group. Can you either repost or send to me directly?
Regards,
Rob
"Charles Hacker" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes