ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

2005-07-26 11:24:55 PM
delphi196
Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005? I don't
care if it is free, or I have to pay for it. I have gone to the DevExpress
Web site, and didn't see anythnig that looked like it was ExpressMemData for
Dellphi 2005, which is weird. Of course, I notice you can download Delphi 7
and earlier versions of it free from Borland, so maybe they don't support it
anymore. If not, has anyone been able to update it?
-- Larry Maturo

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005?
I thought it shipped with the Quantum Grid (and only with it)?
In any case, the best way to find out would be to email Developer Express .
. .
HTH
Lauchlan M

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Hi Lauchlan,
Thank you! When I searched their site it came up with Quantum Grid, but I
thought maybe it was
an error. I couldn't find out what Quantum Grid contained, so I gave up on
it. I guess I'll
contact them if there is a chance they still sell it.
-- Larry
"Lauchlan M" <LMackinnonAT_NoSpam_ozemailDOTcomDOTau>writes
>Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005?

I thought it shipped with the Quantum Grid (and only with it)?

In any case, the best way to find out would be to email Developer Express
.
. .

HTH

Lauchlan M

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Larry,
I believe DevEx removed MemData from their palette with the release
of QG4, as it was built into the grid. (as I remember reading somewhere)
You may want to look at: kbmMemTable
www.components4developers.com/
Regards,
Scott.
"Larry Maturo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005? I don't
care if it is free, or I have to pay for it. I have gone to the DevExpress
Web site, and didn't see anythnig that looked like it was ExpressMemData
for Dellphi 2005, which is weird. Of course, I notice you can download
Delphi 7 and earlier versions of it free from Borland, so maybe they don't
support it anymore. If not, has anyone been able to update it?

-- Larry Maturo

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Hi Scott,
Thank you. Someone also emailed me with the suggesteion. If it turns out
be the case that ExpressMemData has bit the dust, so to speak, than I guess
I'll switch.
Again, thank you.
-- Larry Maturo
"Scott Martin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Larry,

I believe DevEx removed MemData from their palette with the release
of QG4, as it was built into the grid. (as I remember reading somewhere)

You may want to look at: kbmMemTable
www.components4developers.com/

Regards,
Scott.

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

They didn't remove it from the pallet, they just don't have a seperate
install for it anymore.
Scott Martin writes:
Larry,

I believe DevEx removed MemData from their palette with the release
of QG4, as it was built into the grid. (as I remember reading
somewhere)

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

"Scott Martin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Larry,

I believe DevEx removed MemData from their palette with the release
of QG4, as it was built into the grid. (as I remember reading somewhere)

Nope, dxMemData is still sitting in the "DevExpress" palette. Since I am a
VCL subscription subscriber, I can not tell which specific package that ships
in...
-- d
Need to see what's happening?
Check out the Delphi Community Blog Aggregator
delphi.flashblogger.com

Larry Maturo writes:
Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005?
I was able to get the version of ExpressMemData that came with QG3
working in D2005.
--
"Darmok and Jalad, at Tenagra"

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Well, as it turns out, I already had kbMemTable. I thought it looked
familar. And it also
turns out, I wasn't using ExpressMemTable, but kbMemTable, and they have a
Delphi 2005
version. Now I am down to just about 10 more component suites to get working
with
D2005, and then I can start converting a half a dozen apps or so. At least
I won't be
bored anytime soon.
-- Larry Maturo

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

version. Now I am down to just about 10 more component suites to get working
with D2005, and then I can start converting a half a dozen apps or so.
Which ones are those other 10? I think all or virtually all active
component vendors have upgraded their components to work with D2005.
Now, a number of vendors have gone under or otherwise no active and
therefore don't have an official 2005 version. But, if you have
source, you can usually convert them easily yourself. Also, many
unsupported components have unofficial 2005 upgrades available around
the net.

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

it's included with the grid
--
Ed Dressel
"Larry Maturo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Is there a version of ExpressMemData available for Delphi 2005? I don't
care if it is free, or I have to pay for it. I have gone to the DevExpress
Web site, and didn't see anythnig that looked like it was ExpressMemData
for Dellphi 2005, which is weird. Of course, I notice you can download
Delphi 7 and earlier versions of it free from Borland, so maybe they don't
support it anymore. If not, has anyone been able to update it?

-- Larry Maturo

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Please read this:
www.devexpress.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/ShowArticle.xml&prod=&tech=&kbss=memdata
robe

Paul Dolen writes:
Which ones are those other 10? I think all or virtually all active
component vendors have upgraded their components to work with D2005.
You're probably right, but the key word in your assertion is "active".
Some of my applications that are a few years old or more have components
that are no longer actively maintained. Although they are often no
longer even necessary when starting from scratch, there is a lot of
solid functional production code around them, so it was worth the work
to me to get them working in Delphi 2005.
--
"Darmok and Jalad, at Tenagra"

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Hi Paul,
Well, as it turns out, I also need ExpressMemData. Good to hear its still
around.
Actually, on the other 10, it turns out its 12, but hey, they all support
D2005, so its only money, around $4200, to be percise. I am having much less
trouble conveting to D2005 than I expected, though, and its also more stable
than I expected. Unlike D7, when you
shut it down, it really does quit eventually. With Delphi 7 I had to go into task
manger and kill the process as well.
-- Larry Maturo
"Paul Dolen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>version. Now I am down to just about 10 more component suites to get
>working
>with D2005, and then I can start converting a half a dozen apps or so.

Which ones are those other 10? I think all or virtually all active
component vendors have upgraded their components to work with D2005.

Now, a number of vendors have gone under or otherwise no active and
therefore don't have an official 2005 version. But, if you have
source, you can usually convert them easily yourself. Also, many
unsupported components have unofficial 2005 upgrades available around
the net.

Re:ExpressMemData for Delphi 2005

Hi Robe,
Thank you! So, while its not generally available, you can still get it. Of
course, the
article made me wonder if it was worth getting. :-)
-- Larry
"robe" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes