Finding redundant components

Using Delphi 6, is there a way to search a .pas file for components that
have been dropped on a form but are no longer used ?
I'm mainly thinking of TQuery and TTable components. After several years of
maintenance we have quite a few that are still declared but no longer used
and I don't fancy searching each individually.
Regards
Ed

Re:Finding redundant components

Ed writes:
| Using Delphi 6, is there a way to search a .pas file for components that
| have been dropped on a form but are no longer used ?
|
| I am mainly thinking of TQuery and TTable components. After several years
| of maintenance we have quite a few that are still declared but no longer
| used and I don't fancy searching each individually.
If you use an Object Persistence Framework then you would rarely use more
than one dataset and that would be created in code.
Most of the SQL is generated automatically by the framework and the
framework can also handle cusom SQL statements that return/store objects or
lists of objects.
Put your Business Rules in your objects and remove data-aware controls from
your forms or use an object dataset to populate your edits. Either way, you
will save a fortune in debugging and maintenance costs
Of course, if you still want to keep looking for redundant components, then
please feel free to ignore this message. ;-)
Joanna