Cursor flash rate

"Ian A. White" <ianwh...@wAi.com.au> schreef in bericht
news:pp1ugug6703f1424rd82r2sj0oc6rjqe63@4ax.com...

> I have just managed to get my Borland Pascal 7 running with the CRT
> patch, however even before I did the fix I ran BPW and when I exited
it,
> the Windows text cursor flash rate was set to the maximum.  I set it
> back down but running BPW again saw it pushed high again.  The same
> situation occurs after the patch was applied.

> Is there any fix for this?  It happens under Win98 and WinMe.

> Thanks.

> --

I have that problem too.
Sorry I don't have a solution.
Perhaps it happens not on every computer or installation. Maybe others
who don't have the problem would like to say it here, so we may be able
to find out what causes the problem.
Last time I did not install the BP package by running the installation
diskettes any more, but copied the entire directory and some settings to
the new computer.

Femme

Re:Cursor flash rate

Ah, thanks.
For all those with the same problem, the link is

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpsrc/bpwflashcurs.html

and the patch

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpzip/scottpatch.zip

Femme

Re:Cursor flash rate

JRS:  In article <uh4htgs5ovr...@corp.supernews.com>, seen in
news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Femme Verbeek <fv@[at]> posted at Thu, 20
Jun 2002 23:23:21 :-

>I have that problem too.
>Sorry I don't have a solution.
>Perhaps it happens not on every computer or installation. Maybe others
>who don't have the problem would like to say it here, so we may be able
>to find out what causes the problem.
>Last time I did not install the BP package by running the installation
>diskettes any more, but copied the entire directory and some settings to
>the new computer.

Does the solution in the irregularly-posted c.l.p.b. mFAQ not work for
you?  Scan for blink, not flash.

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Re:Cursor flash rate

"Femme Verbeek" <fv[at]{*word*104}jet[dot]nl> wrote in message <news:uh4htgs5ovre03@corp.supernews.com>...
> "Ian A. White" <ianwh...@wAi.com.au> schreef in bericht
> > I have just managed to get my Borland Pascal 7 running with the CRT
> > patch, however even before I did the fix I ran BPW and when I exited
>  it,
> > the Windows text cursor flash rate was set to the maximum.  I set it
> > back down but running BPW again saw it pushed high again.  The same
> > situation occurs after the patch was applied.
> I have that problem too.
> Sorry I don't have a solution.
> Perhaps it happens not on every computer or installation. Maybe others
> who don't have the problem would like to say it here, so we may be able
> to find out what causes the problem.

I get the fast flash rate too, and I don;t know what it is - it would
be interesting to know.  That's on a P100 too.  Using BP7 on a Win32
system seems to cuase no other harm though.

Other Threads