Board index » delphi » Adding a property to a form

Adding a property to a form

How do you do that?
 

Re:Adding a property to a form


You have to add the form to the Object Repository, create a design time
package.  Add the form to the package, in the Register procedure call
RegisterCustomModule on the form class.  In your project inherit from the new
form class and you should see the new properties at design time.  Search Google
or mers on my name and RegisterCustomModule and you should get a complete set of
steps I did a couple of years ago.

Quote
David Roberge wrote:

> How do you do that?

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for
insects.   (RAH)

Re:Adding a property to a form


Can you not just inherit the TForm and add properties, methods etc and
register the new component without the Object Repository?

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <jeffoverc...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3C64374C.FD08F37C@mindspring.com...

Quote
> You have to add the form to the Object Repository, create a design time
> package.  Add the form to the package, in the Register procedure call
> RegisterCustomModule on the form class.  In your project inherit from the
new
> form class and you should see the new properties at design time.  Search
Google
> or mers on my name and RegisterCustomModule and you should get a complete
set of
> steps I did a couple of years ago.

> David Roberge wrote:

> > How do you do that?

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
> a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build
> a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act
> alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer,
> cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is
for
> insects.   (RAH)

Re:Adding a property to a form


Quote
Robby Tanner wrote:

> Can you not just inherit the TForm and add properties, methods etc and
> register the new component without the Object Repository?

How do you plan on inheriting from it.  Just using or copying is not enough, you
have to inherit from it for the properties to show up.  If you are only using it
in one application it is automatically added on the projects tab of the OR.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for
insects.   (RAH)

Re:Adding a property to a form


"David Roberge" <blakmas...@sympatico.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c643589_1@dnews...

Quote
> How do you do that?

You have to create a derived class and add the properties in that. If you
don't register the new component in the pallette or experts, then you can
only create it on-the-fly ie. run time. This makes it very difficult to
design the GUI.

Re:Adding a property to a form


The stars so gaily glistened...
...while the fading voice of David Roberge whispered through the darkness...

 DR> How do you do that?

CCPack
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9006/

Re:Adding a property to a form


"Arioch /BDV/" <the_Ari...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c65517f_2@dnews...

Quote
> The stars so gaily glistened...
> ...while the fading voice of David Roberge whispered through the
darkness...

Doesn't this belong in - borland.public.delphi.philosophy ?

Re:Adding a property to a form


Hello, Paul!
You wrote  on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:34:55 +0100:

 PA> Doesn't this belong in - borland.public.delphi.philosophy ?
Better to smth like hardware.coolers :)

With best regards, Arioch /BDV/.  E-mail: the_Ari...@yahoo.com

Other Threads