How can I Show Hints Longer

Is there a way that I can have hints showup longer when the user moves the mouse over an object?  If not, is there an alternates to hints I could use.

Re:How can I Show Hints Longer

Have a look at the application hints properties, methods and events.  You
can do what you want to do by using these.

In article <3e22e82...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Jz wrote:

> Is there a way that I can have hints showup longer when the user
> moves the mouse over an object?  If not, is there an alternates to hints I could use.

The Application object has a number of properties that can be used to modify
the hint behaviour. See TApplication.HintHidePause, for example. YOu have to
set these properties in code.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :

Re:How can I Show Hints Longer

I see the property and try the following code:

edit1.HintHidePause := 1000;

and I get the following message:

[Error] : Undeclared identifier: 'hinthidepause'

What gives?

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote:

>In article <3e22e82...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Jz wrote:

>> Is there a way that I can have hints showup longer when the user
>> moves the mouse over an object?  If not, is there an alternates to hints I could use.

>The Application object has a number of properties that can be used to modify
>the hint behaviour. See TApplication.HintHidePause, for example. YOu have to
>set these properties in code.

>--
>Peter Below (TeamB)
>Use the newsgroup archives :
>http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html
>http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
>http://groups.google.com
>http://www.prolix.be

Re:How can I Show Hints Longer

The property is on the Application object, not Edit1.

kelly

> I see the property and try the following code:

> edit1.HintHidePause := 1000;

> and I get the following message:

> [Error] : Undeclared identifier: 'hinthidepause'

> What gives?

> "Peter Below (TeamB)" <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote:
> >In article <3e22e82...@newsgroups.borland.com>, Jz wrote:

> >> Is there a way that I can have hints showup longer when the user
> >> moves the mouse over an object?  If not, is there an alternates to
hints I could use.

> >The Application object has a number of properties that can be used to
modify
> >the hint behaviour. See TApplication.HintHidePause, for example. YOu have
> >set these properties in code.

> >--
> >Peter Below (TeamB)
> >Use the newsgroup archives :
> >http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html
> >http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
> >http://groups.google.com
> >http://www.prolix.be

Re:How can I Show Hints Longer

sorry, I get it now.  I have to set it for the application

application.hinthidepause := 6000;

Re:How can I Show Hints Longer

Set
   Application.HintHidePause ...
You can also set
   Application.HintPause
   Application.HintShortPause

Look it up in the help. It is all explained there.

Erik

In article <3e22e82...@newsgroups.borland.com>, je...@zsolutions.com
says...

> Is there a way that I can have hints showup longer when the user moves the mouse over an object?  If not, is there an alternates to hints I could use.

--
Erik De Laet - E.De.L.Com bvba
- The Software bridge to the user! -

Other Threads