IB 6.01 Automatic Startup in RedHat 7.0

Hi there!

Is there anyone out there who knows how to get Interbase 6.01 to start
automatically under Redhat 7.0?

I have found a script for Interbase 5.01, but it doesn't really do the
trick!

Nicolai

Re:IB 6.01 Automatic Startup in RedHat 7.0

Hi!
You need to add an script in /etc/init.d
Basically, you need start with:

echo '$INTERBASE/bin/ibmgr -start -forever' | su interbas

and shutdown with:

$INTERBASE/bin/ibmgr -shut

If you like, I can send you my version of this script.

Regards!

Ariel.

"Nicolai S?lling" <nico...@gersbo-solling.dk> wrote in message

> [...]

Hi folks,

I start Interbase under RedHat 7.2 from /etc/rc.local. Everything is a
matter of taste...

Regards,

Peter

Re:IB 6.01 Automatic Startup in RedHat 7.0

Uhmmmm.......and what is doing the server when goes to shutdown????

Ariel.

"Ariel E. Carn" <aca...@datafull.com> wrote in message

> Uhmmmm.......and what is doing the server when goes to shutdown????

> Ariel.

> "Peter Milesson" <mi...@nospax.dragon.cz> escribi en el mensaje

> > "Nicolai S?lling" <nico...@gersbo-solling.dk> wrote in message

> > Hi folks,

> > I start Interbase under RedHat 7.2 from /etc/rc.local. Everything is a
> > matter of taste...

> > Regards,

> > Peter

Hi folks,

I only want guaranteed start of Interbase when the OS starts, that's why I
don't bother creating a script for shut down. In principle, it should never
be shut off. If, of some very strange reason, I would like to stop
Interbase, I just issue the command /opt/interbase/bin/ibmgr -shut -user
??? -password ???.

Using the Classic server gives even less trouble. As a user, you have no
possibility to interfere with starting/stopping the server whatsoever
(neither have you got any reason to do so). It's handled automatically via
inetd (or clones).

Regards,

Peter

Other Threads