Oracle 8i case sensitive queries

How can I (if I can) tell to Oracle8i to ignore the mai/min caracteres in my
queries. ?

I moved a database from MSSQL 7 to Oracle and a query like: select * from
CadCli doesn't works, but: select * from "CadCli" does. And I would like the
same queries works in both databases, for while.

Thanks in advance,

Mauro
Athena

Re:Oracle 8i case sensitive queries

If REQUESTLIVE is false, the table names and column names sent to Oracle
will not be quoted, and Oracle will ignore case except in literals.  If
RequestLive is true, be sure to use UPPER CASE for all table & column
names.

John Pierce

Re:Oracle 8i case sensitive queries

It doesn't works. If my table name is CadCli (f.e.) , the only way that
works is select * from "CadCli", even in SQLPlus, the Oracle SQL tool (that
is, I think RwquestLive doesn't matter)..

Mauro

Mauro Assis wrote:
> It doesn't works. If my table name is CadCli (f.e.) , the only way that
> works is select * from "CadCli", even in SQLPlus, the Oracle SQL tool (that
> is, I think RwquestLive doesn't matter)..

If this is true, then you must have created the table names in mixed case by
putting quotes around them.  If this is what you did, discard the entire
database and start over, creating the tables and columns without quotes.  And,
for heaven's sake, buy
yourself a book about  Oracle.

John Pierce

Re:Oracle 8i case sensitive queries

> And,
> for heaven's sake, buy
> yourself a book about  Oracle.

I've did it. However, I'm migrating a database from MS SQL7 wich have mixed
cases, and this is the reason of my troubles.

Thanks.

Re:Oracle 8i case sensitive queries

Sorry to be sharp.  It just seemed like an avoidable mess.

John

Other Threads