Paradox.lck, Pdoxusrs.lck files ?

Hi all.
I am accesing an Oracle database (D5, BDE) but no any Paradox table.

I noticed that when I run my application three files are generated:
Del3.MB
Paradox.lck
Pdoxusrs.lck

After closing my application the file are deleted automatically. I have not experienced troubles in my application.

Why are these files been generated?

Thanks for any idea.

Re:Paradox.lck, Pdoxusrs.lck files ?

If you're using cached updates on your TQueries then these are created by the BDE to store the cached info for you
until you commit it.  There are also other ways to get these files when you're not explicitly using Paradox tables.
Perhaps someone can enumerate the other instances.  The long and short of it is that the BDE is using them for its
"behind the scenes" work.

--
Jeff Alexander
Unitime Systems, Inc.

Re:Paradox.lck, Pdoxusrs.lck files ?

Thanks Jeff.
Yes, That's my case. I am using cached updates on my queries.

Jeff Alexander <jalexan...@unitime.com> wrote:
>If you're using cached updates on your TQueries then these are created by the BDE to store the cached info for you
>until you commit it.  There are also other ways to get these files when you're not explicitly using Paradox tables.
>Perhaps someone can enumerate the other instances.  The long and short of it is that the BDE is using them for its
>"behind the scenes" work.

>Fernando Recobos wrote:

>> Hi all.
>> I am accesing an Oracle database (D5, BDE) but no any Paradox table.

>> I noticed that when I run my application three files are generated:
>> Del3.MB
>> Paradox.lck
>> Pdoxusrs.lck

>> After closing my application the file are deleted automatically. I have not experienced troubles in my application.

>> Why are these files been generated?

>> Thanks for any idea.

>--
>Jeff Alexander