Oracle Datatypes vs TFields

How do I get a TIntegerField in a TADOQuery?

The fields are defined as Number(6) or Number(38)  in the Oracle database.
Delphi ADOExpress maps these to either TBCDField or TFloatField.
The app uses TIntegerField (runs with MSSQL and Access DB's as well)

I am using the Oracle OLE-DB Provider for Delphi 5 / ADOExpress and Oracle
8.0.5

- Tomm

Re:Oracle Datatypes vs TFields

I am trying to find the answer also.  We've built a large Delphi app using Ado
with Sql Server and need to convert it to Oracle.  We need to support both
platforms, so I can't change all my field definitions to TBCDField.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks,

Gary Jones

Tomm wrote:
> How do I get a TIntegerField in a TADOQuery?

> The fields are defined as Number(6) or Number(38)  in the Oracle database.
> Delphi ADOExpress maps these to either TBCDField or TFloatField.
> The app uses TIntegerField (runs with MSSQL and Access DB's as well)

> I am using the Oracle OLE-DB Provider for Delphi 5 / ADOExpress and Oracle
> 8.0.5

> - Tomm

Other Threads