Conversion from Quick reports 1.0 to 2.0

Hi,

We have been using Delphi 2.0 since the last 2 years and have developed
a product using it. We want to migrate to Delphi 3.0 and are facing some
problems in migrating reports from QuickReports1.0 to 2.0.

We would like to know if migration from Delphi 2.0 to Delphi 3.0
vis-a-vis QuickReports is transparent to the application developer or
some manual intervention required?

We are using TDBCalc component in most of our reports which is not
supported in Delphi 3.0. Delphi 3 provides a TDBExpr component instead.
When we try to access the value of the component (by .asReal) we are,
getting compilation errors like "Unidentified variable AsReal" etc. We
have also read the document provided with Delphi 3.0. It says the
following:

"To access the value of the TQRExpr component by code access the Value
property. This is a TQREvResult record structure - see QRPRNTR.PAS for
the declaration of this structure." The said file could not be located
in the delphi home directory.

We would like to get a solution to this problem as soon as possible.

Regards

Mvvn

Re:Conversion from Quick reports 1.0 to 2.0

We gave up trying to migrate reports when the migration tools did not
work properly.  There is a version (QR1.1B, I believe) that works in
Delphi 3 and is a free download.

Sarath Kumar Sivalenka wrote:

> Hi,

> We have been using Delphi 2.0 since the last 2 years and have developed
> a product using it. We want to migrate to Delphi 3.0 and are facing some
> problems in migrating reports from QuickReports1.0 to 2.0.

{SNIP}

Other Threads