Accessing PCI Config Registers possible???

Is it possible to access the PCI Configuration Registers (for reading and
writing) with Delphi under Win9x?  I realise I'd have to write a Vxd under
NT, but under Win9x - from what I've read - I don't think it would be
necessary.

I just want to read a particular offset (0Dh) that relates to the Latency
timer on the Mobo (Bus#0 Dev#0 Host Bridge) and change it if it's too high.

I can do this with something called 'Windriver' which creates templates &
provides vxd's for easy access to these registers, but it's totally out of
price range when you consider the tiny thing that I want to do (change a
single register value).

Regards :)
--
i l   *   m o d e r n o