What's API

kevi...@asiaonline.net wrote:

: {From Kevin Wan}
: What is API? and how can I use in Delphi.
: Is it such like DLL??
: Please ask my question!!

API = Application Programming Interface.

It's a set of functions and procedures that you can call from your app.
There are many different types of API's but the one your wondering about
is probably th Windows API which includes many many Windows-related routines.

Check out the Win API help in the Delphi help file.

   /Johan...!

Re:What's API

In article 3...@news.asiaonline.net, kevi...@asiaonline.net writes:

>{From Kevin Wan}
>What is API? and how can I use in Delphi.
>Is it such like DLL??
>Please ask my question!!

 Read the manual.

 Please ASK my question ?  OK, 'What is API?'

Re:What's API

--
Kent Perrier
kperr...@iwol.com (work)

Re:What's API

v902...@si.hhs.nl (Sens) wrote:
>In article 3...@news.asiaonline.net, kevi...@asiaonline.net writes:
>>{From Kevin Wan}
>>What is API? and how can I use in Delphi.
>>Is it such like DLL??
>>Please ask my question!!

> Read the manual.
> Please ASK my question ?  OK, 'What is API?'

Why not just answer the question? Didn't we all start somewhere?
Anxious that he's just testing our perspicacity? Could it be that not
everyone is a native english speaker (and will stop trying after these
reactions)?

What about the suggestion to read manuals coming from a person unable
to read three lines of text? Kevin Wan asked three questions, so your
second answer should have been:
"Please ASK my question? OK, 'What is API? and how can I use in
Delphi. Is it such like DLL??"

Of course, you can object that we have 3 questionS and that he's just
asking to ask him ONE, but in that case, you could have asked him
which one before saying, injustified, "OK"...

Jasper

"The only thing I know for sure
 is that I don't know much...  "

Re:What's API

In article <475749$...@news.asiaonline.net>, kevi...@asiaonline.net wrote:
>{From Kevin Wan}
>What is API? and how can I use in Delphi.
>Is it such like DLL??
>Please ask my question!!

Application Programming Interface-API

What is API?  There...

   kevi...@asiaonline.net wrote:
>{From Kevin Wan}
>What is API? and how can I use in Delphi.
>Is it such like DLL??
>Please ask my question!!

API = Application Programmers Interface.

It is a method to allow for third-party programmers to hook into another
program, eg. the WIndows API is a specification which allows Windows
programmers to call  WIndows functions.

It is normally a specification to functions in a .DLL, but I guess it
can take various other forms.

Other Threads