Board index » delphi » How to connect Delphi 2.0 to SQL Anywhere?

How to connect Delphi 2.0 to SQL Anywhere?

How do I connect Delphi 2.0 Developer to SQLAnywhere stand alone. I've
tried creating the alias to the ODBC driver but when I try to point a
TTable to a table in that database it says "General SQL Error.
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocEnv failed. Alias
DEMODB"  I can connect to the database from PB5.0.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Darcy

 

Re:How to connect Delphi 2.0 to SQL Anywhere?


Darcy Schultz <dschu...@spots.ab.ca> wrote in article
<01bb65d8.7d647ee0$2cd2bfcc@dschultz>...

Quote
> How do I connect Delphi 2.0 Developer to SQLAnywhere stand alone. I've
> tried creating the alias to the ODBC driver but when I try to point a
> TTable to a table in that database it says "General SQL Error.
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocEnv failed. Alias
> DEMODB"  I can connect to the database from PB5.0.

Odd, I've done it and haven't had any problems.  I HAVE had problems though
selecting and working with indexes using the Delphi 2.0 inline upgrade
(that includes the internet control pack)... When I try to select an index
on a Ttable that access a sql anywhere data source, I get a list index out
of bounds error... this works fine with the original release of Delphi 2.0
though...

-Tom

Re:How to connect Delphi 2.0 to SQL Anywhere?


Quote
Tom Bradford wrote:

> Darcy Schultz <dschu...@spots.ab.ca> wrote in article
> <01bb65d8.7d647ee0$2cd2bfcc@dschultz>...
> > How do I connect Delphi 2.0 Developer to SQLAnywhere stand alone. I've
> > tried creating the alias to the ODBC driver but when I try to point a
> > TTable to a table in that database it says "General SQL Error.
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocEnv failed. Alias
> > DEMODB"  I can connect to the database from PB5.0.

> Odd, I've done it and haven't had any problems.  I HAVE had problems though
> selecting and working with indexes using the Delphi 2.0 inline upgrade
> (that includes the internet control pack)... When I try to select an index
> on a Ttable that access a sql anywhere data source, I get a list index out
> of bounds error... this works fine with the original release of Delphi 2.0
> though...

> -Tom

The trick to this for me was to make sure I had the SQLANY50\WIN32
directory
on the PATH.  The way I test it is to go into ODBC32, select the SQL
Anywhere
datasource and click on setup.  If it works, so will my BDE alias.

BTW, I ended up 'downgrading' the bde back to the version that came with
2.00 due
to problems talking to SQL-Anywhere.

Re:How to connect Delphi 2.0 to SQL Anywhere?


Quote
Tom Bradford wrote:
>Darcy Schultz <dschu...@spots.ab.ca> wrote in article
><01bb65d8.7d647ee0$2cd2bfcc@dschultz>...
>> How do I connect Delphi 2.0 Developer to SQLAnywhere stand alone. I've
>> tried creating the alias to the ODBC driver but when I try to point a
>> TTable to a table in that database it says "General SQL Error.
>> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocEnv failed. Alias
>> DEMODB"  I can connect to the database from PB5.0.

>Odd, I've done it and haven't had any problems.  I HAVE had problems though
>selecting and working with indexes using the Delphi 2.0 inline upgrade
>(that includes the internet control pack)... When I try to select an index
>on a Ttable that access a sql anywhere data source, I get a list index out
>of bounds error... this works fine with the original release of Delphi 2.0
>though...

>-Tom

Delphi Version 2.01 has a problem with the IDODBC32.DLL. Copy the old
version from your original Delphi 2.0 into the BDE directory and it will
work.
--
Arnold Bailey - abai...@bix.com - abai...@webwrights.com
WebWrights - Web Services, Web Pages and Web Site Management
http://www.webwrights.com/

Other Threads