Gouraud shading

Hello,
    Could anybody help me how to realize Gouraud shading without using
DirectX ? I need to perform this shading for my BitMap picture.
Thanks in advance

Igor Tarasov

Re:Gouraud shading

"Igor Tarasov" <tara...@cmr.usf.edu> wrote in message news:39352190.EC98EF91@cmr.usf.edu...
>     Could anybody help me how to realize Gouraud shading without using
> DirectX ? I need to perform this shading for my BitMap picture.

You might try this Delphi Informant article:
http://www.delphizine.com/features/1998/11/di199811PD_f/di199811PD_f.asp

--
efg

Earl F. Glynn     E-mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:Gouraud shading

On Wed, 31 May 2000 10:28:32 -0400, Igor Tarasov <tara...@cmr.usf.edu>
wrote:

>Hello,
>    Could anybody help me how to realize Gouraud shading without using
>DirectX ? I need to perform this shading for my BitMap picture.
>Thanks in advance

Bitmap picture... do you want that bitmap stretched across a polygon,
or just a plain rectangle?

- Asbj?rn

Re:Gouraud shading

yep, same question i wanted to ask :)

wrote:

>Hello,
>    Could anybody help me how to realize Gouraud shading without using
>DirectX ? I need to perform this shading for my BitMap picture.
>Thanks in advance

Read your email...

You have a bitmap where there are some spikes on it, and you want to
make it smoother, if i understand you correctly...

To me, it sounds like you want to read about image smoothing, but if
your source image is very small, and you want to enlargen it, while
making it smoother, look into bilinear or bicubic resampling.

Bilinear resampling is pretty much the same as gouraud shading in fact
:)

- Asbj?rn

Other Threads