How to rebuild/recreate Paradox index?

Can anyone tell me how to rebuild/recreate Paradox index?

Re:How to rebuild/recreate Paradox index?

Hallo Anthony,

(1) Take a look at BDE developer support site
       First download "Paradox taible repair with..." at
       http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/delphifiles.html

      Then download TUtility-DLL in regard of your BDE version at
      (b) http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html

(2) If you only need a little function, perhaps this helps:

uses DB, BDE;

procedure RegenIdx;
begin
   Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;
   try
     with YourTable do
     begin
          Active := False;
          Exclusive := True;
          Active := True;
          Check(DbiRegenIndexes(Handle));
          Active := False;
          Exclusive := False;
          Active := True;
     end;
   finally
     Screen.Cursor := crDefault;

Regards
Stephan

Re:How to rebuild/recreate Paradox index?

Thanks a lot Stephan.  I'll give your example a try.

Stephan Schneider <sstep...@donau.de> wrote in article
<6pq41o$kt...@forums.borland.com>...

> Hallo Anthony,

> (1) Take a look at BDE developer support site
>        First download "Paradox taible repair with..." at
>        http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/delphifiles.html

>       Then download TUtility-DLL in regard of your BDE version at
>       (b) http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html

> (2) If you only need a little function, perhaps this helps:

> uses DB, BDE;

> procedure RegenIdx;
> begin
>    Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;