Record locking - no auto lock for two instances of paradox.db in different TTable comonents

Try setting Local Share to True in the BDE Administrator and see if that
makes a difference.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Record locking - no auto lock for two instances of paradox.db in different TTable comonents

I have two instances of a paradox.db in different TTable components.

e.g and order table orders.db is linked to the items.db table on one form
using TTable and TDatasource components.

On another form which can be opened simultaneously is displayed a seperate
instance of items.db using another TTable component.

So one form displays orders and the items that belong to it in order no
sequence and on the other form displays all items of all orders in order of
item no.

The problem is if I navigate to a particular order and put one of the items
on the order in edit mode, then at the same time edit the corresponding item
on the other form I do not receive the record locked message.

However, if after I navigate to the order, I press the refresh button for
the item table then put the item in edit mode, and now edit the
corresponding item on the other form I do get the record locked message.

Help,

I thought I had{*word*180}ed most of my record lock problems, but this one is a
bit hard to fathom.

What could I be doing wrong, or missunderstood ?

Thanks in advance,

Leon SInagra

Other Threads