MSSQL 7 : I can not execute a stored procedure

I Have a problem with SQL - 7 Stored procedures, A procudere can not be
found by a TStoredProc which I already used in SQL-6.5.
The TStoredProc component cannot locate any stored procuders on the server.
What am I doing wrong.

regards,

F. Janssen

Re:MSSQL 7 : I can not execute a stored procedure

Shippy wrote in message <74gcjq$79...@forums.borland.com>...
>I Have a problem with SQL - 7 Stored procedures, A procudere can not be
>found by a TStoredProc which I already used in SQL-6.5.
>The TStoredProc component cannot locate any stored procuders on the server.
>What am I doing wrong.

>regards,

>F. Janssen

You aren't doing anything wrong - they don't work.  You need to execute your
stored procedures using a TQuery component.

Paul Mason

Re:MSSQL 7 : I can not execute a stored procedure

From what I have heard, in spite of the fact that you cannot locate the
stored procs, (the drop-down doesn't show anything), I believe that you
can in fact type int he name of the stored proc and it will work. Search
Deja news for other references to this issue.

Re:MSSQL 7 : I can not execute a stored procedure

Excuse me jumping in here, but I think you might be able to help me. I am
trying to connect to an MS Access 97 database fior the first time. In the
Dataqbase Explorer i create a new database object called MSACCESS1. Its
definition is as follows:
Type    MSACCESS
DATABASE NAME    D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\SAMPLES\NORTHWIND.MDB

LANG DRIVER    'ascii' ANSI
OPEN MODE    READ/WRITE
SYSTEM DATABASE    (this is blank)
USER NAME    (This is blank)

When I try to connect to the database I get the following error:

General SQL Error    -2147221164 (This is reported as a server error by the
BDE)
Table
Alias:MSACCESS1

The BDE Error si reported as: 13059 [$33] [$3]

I am able to access this .MDB using the ODBC drivers, but would prefer to
access this (and other .MDB's) using the native driver supplied with Delphi
(3.02)
I am using NT4 with Service Paclk 4 and I have applied the MS Data Access
Components Service Pack 1 patch as well.

Any help would be most appreciated. This is most urgent for me as I am sitting
on a large app. which needs to be developed by end January

Any help would be most welcome.
Regards,

Shippy wrote:
> I Have a problem with SQL - 7 Stored procedures, A procudere can not be
> found by a TStoredProc which I already used in SQL-6.5.
> The TStoredProc component cannot locate any stored procuders on the server.
> What am I doing wrong.

> regards,

> F. Janssen

Re:MSSQL 7 : I can not execute a stored procedure

I have personally executed a pile of MS SQL Server 7.0 stored procedures a
while ago, but I do not remember what I did (maybe I didn't expect the Object
Inspector to fill the combo with all the proc names from the server, but just
punched the proc's names directly).

To be exact, I had a beta version of SQL Server, maybe the things have changed
meanwhile...

Regards,
G. Dostanic

Shippy wrote:
> I Have a problem with SQL - 7 Stored procedures, A procudere can not be
> found by a TStoredProc which I already used in SQL-6.5.
> The TStoredProc component cannot locate any stored procuders on the server.
> What am I doing wrong.

> regards,

> F. Janssen

Other Threads