Record not found in TTable with Paradox

Hi.

This is the environment
Windows 95, Paradox tables, Delphi3.

A Ttable pointing to a Paradox 7  table with 25000 records indexed on
the first field (key field).
a datasource linked to the TTable and a dbGrid linked to the Datasource.

I'm trying to do a findkey of a record I know that exists but nothing
happens.
If I try to find the 3rd record or any record in the first 65 it works
fine, but with the other 24935 it does not.

If I scroll the DBGrid to the record I want, and then I do the findkey,
sometimes it works.

If I do a Table1.RecordCount, I get 65 !!!!!

If I scroll the DBGrid, I can see the 25000 records.

CachedUpdates is False.... I thought about it too.

I have another TTable with 2000 records and it works fine everytime.

?????????   HELP PLEASE !!!!!

--
Ing. Eduardo Nin
edu...@unl.edu.ar

Corrientes 779 5o B
(3100) Paran, Entre Ros
Argentina

Te.: (54)(43) 23-4442
Fax: (54)(43) 22-1228

Re:Record not found in TTable with Paradox

I don't know, but maybe Paradox is not able to support efficiently the
ammount of records your table has.

I myself prefer to use Microsoft Access, while the company where I work
does not buy Oracle or SQL Server.

Re:Record not found in TTable with Paradox

Hi Eduardo Nin:
  Your table may be corrupted! you can reindex table, if not good, then you
can you
can use dtutil32.exe to repair!
  Paradox table is very easy corrupted under Window Network environment. So
disappointed with Paradox, and now I use MSSQL 7.0!
Eduardo Nin wrote:
> Hi.

> This is the environment
> Windows 95, Paradox tables, Delphi3.

> A Ttable pointing to a Paradox 7  table with 25000 records indexed on
> the first field (key field).
> a datasource linked to the TTable and a dbGrid linked to the Datasource.

> I'm trying to do a findkey of a record I know that exists but nothing
> happens.
> If I try to find the 3rd record or any record in the first 65 it works
> fine, but with the other 24935 it does not.

> If I scroll the DBGrid to the record I want, and then I do the findkey,
> sometimes it works.

> If I do a Table1.RecordCount, I get 65 !!!!!

> If I scroll the DBGrid, I can see the 25000 records.

> CachedUpdates is False.... I thought about it too.

> I have another TTable with 2000 records and it works fine everytime.

> ?????????   HELP PLEASE !!!!!

> --
> Ing. Eduardo Nin
> edu...@unl.edu.ar

> Corrientes 779 5o B
> (3100) Paran, Entre Ros
> Argentina

> Te.: (54)(43) 23-4442
> Fax: (54)(43) 22-1228

Re:Record not found in TTable with Paradox

With 25000 records it would be a good idea to use a SQL server than PARADOX

PARADOX is worst

Sincerely

Ricardo Guerreiro
Brasil