Problem sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory

Not a way to press Interbase but just an error of the RTFM kind. The BDE
redist will install a program called BDECFG which you have to use to tell
the system about the Paradox NET directory, i.e. that directory on the
server where the Paradox.NET file is located.

------------------------
Arne Schaepers

Re:Problem sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory

Try to define a PRIV alias on the client computer and verify the netFileDir.

Re:Problem sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory

I had this problem myself - after three months of jumping up and down
at Borlands door and posting messages I still didn't get anywhere.

My solution - use the DBase drivers. They give some problems when
creating tables but when you get pased that, at least they allow
multiuser access correctly.

Cheers
   Steven

Re:Problem sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory

I'm sorry but what is this in reference to? Are you saying that Paradox is
not multiuser?
Scott Simonson from Franklin WI
 EMail:    sco...@execpc.com
 Web Page: http://www.execpc.com/~scoots

GO Marquette Golden Eagles
 '96 NCAA Basketball Championship selection team
Go Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers in 96-97

Delphi  Development Team <del...@elab.co.za> wrote in article
<5bkm1k$...@news1.saix.net>...

> I had this problem myself - after three months of jumping up and down
> at Borlands door and posting messages I still didn't get anywhere.

> My solution - use the DBase drivers. They give some problems when
> creating tables but when you get pased that, at least they allow
> multiuser access correctly.

> Cheers
>    Steven

Other Threads