Install D4 not working- PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have been using D4 for about a year.  last week, I got an error message:
"Access violation at address 40053BBB in mdoule 'VCL40.BPL. Read of address
ffffffff"

I could not get D4 to load.

Finally, I decided to reinstall.  I still get the same error message.

When I look at Components/Install Packages, I see that "Borland User
Components" is not checked off.  When I try to check it, I get a message:
"Can't load package.  A device attached to the system is not operating"

All devices, so far as I can tell, are fine. I can't figure this out.
Please- is there anyone who knows what's going on or where I should look for
help?

I'M GETTING DESPERATE!!!!
--
Jerry Blumenthal
Blumenthal Software, Inc

Re:Install D4 not working- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Have you installed a new component in the last time? If yes, maybe this
one is causing the troubles.

Alex
--
*** http://www.bullterrier-in-not.de/massenmord.htm ***

Author of the free Chatsystem PINO! || Website: http://www.alcomp.net
Available at http://pino.cjb.net    || Chat   : pinochat.dhs.org:8080

Re:Install D4 not working- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Yes, I did, but then I deleted EVERYthing and reinsstalled D4 itself.

--

Jerry Blumenthal wrote:

> Yes, I did, but then I deleted EVERYthing and reinsstalled D4 itself.

But I suppose you havent reinstalled Windows. So there is a good chance,
that some settings of Delphi survived in the registry which still crash
your system.

Alex
--
*** http://www.bullterrier-in-not.de/massenmord.htm ***

Author of the free Chatsystem PINO! || Website: http://www.alcomp.net
Available at http://pino.cjb.net    || Chat   : pinochat.dhs.org:8080

Re:Install D4 not working- PLEASE HELP!!!!

It might help to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland with regedit.exe and re-install Delphi.

"Alexander Mueller" <al...@gmx.at> schreef in bericht

> Jerry Blumenthal wrote:

> > Yes, I did, but then I deleted EVERYthing and reinsstalled D4 itself.

> But I suppose you havent reinstalled Windows. So there is a good chance,
> that some settings of Delphi survived in the registry which still crash
> your system.

> Alex
> --
> *** http://www.bullterrier-in-not.de/massenmord.htm ***

> Author of the free Chatsystem PINO! || Website: http://www.alcomp.net
> Available at http://pino.cjb.net    || Chat   : pinochat.dhs.org:8080

Re:Install D4 not working- PLEASE HELP!!!!

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:36:45 GMT, "Jerry Blumenthal"

<jerb...@stny.lrun.com> wrote:
>I have been using D4 for about a year.  last week, I got an error message:
>"Access violation at address 40053BBB in mdoule 'VCL40.BPL. Read of address
>ffffffff"

>I could not get D4 to load.

>Finally, I decided to reinstall.  I still get the same error message.

>When I look at Components/Install Packages, I see that "Borland User
>Components" is not checked off.  When I try to check it, I get a message:
>"Can't load package.  A device attached to the system is not operating"

>All devices, so far as I can tell, are fine. I can't figure this out.
>Please- is there anyone who knows what's going on or where I should look for
>help?

>I'M GETTING DESPERATE!!!!
>--
>Jerry Blumenthal
>Blumenthal Software, Inc
>www.blumenthalsoftware.com

Hi :)

If everything worked fine before reinstalation of teh new component
then try this (but please be careful and do it ONLY if you are used to
work with with registry):

0. uninstall Delphi from Control Panel add/remove sw. Close Control
panel before uninstall starts.
1. Delete directory Delphi4 inside Program files\Borland
2. Delete Delphi4 in Registry
3. do scandisk
4. reinstall delphi

Shalom,