error reading TrayIcon1.Visible: Cannot Create shell notification icon

This error sometimes shows up when an application is auto-loaded
(Setting in registry) at boot time.

Error reports on the web go back several years, all of them by users,
not developers, although it is mentioned that Delphi is involved.

I did not find articles with a solution for Delphi, except for
1) launching the application by a link in the startupfolder
2) using a startup-manager to delay the launch of the app
3) including a splash screen as to delay the install of the icon.

Has a better fix been found?

Gert Kok

Re:error reading TrayIcon1.Visible: Cannot Create shell notification icon

"Gert Kok" <gert...@keraweb.nl> wrote in message

> This error sometimes shows up when an application is
> auto-loaded (Setting in registry) at boot time.

Most likely because the Syste Tray does not exist yet.

Gambit

Other Threads