Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

Hi.

I Uninstalled IB 5.5 and I installed IB 6.01. But now when I open existing
database (*.gdb) there is an error:

Unsupported on-disk structure for file
C:\INTERBASE_SERVER\ADAMSHOPIZV1\ADAMSHOPIZV1.GDB; found 9, support 10

Please HELP!

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

The binaries on the Borland site for the open source edition do not support ODS
9 due to a serious corruption bug found.  Either a) update to the certified
version b) build from the CVS sources c) back up the ODS 9 DB with a 5.5 server
and restore it under the 6.0 server or d) get the tagged build that Rob is doing
at mers http://mers.com.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

d) get the tagged build that Rob is doing

>at mers http://mers.com.

what's this tagged build ?
Is it an advanced version of the open source interbase version.
I downloaded IB6 from the borland/interbase site.
Should I use the tagged build ?
Does it include a client install ?

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

Hi

There are two versions available on www.mers.com
Certified Open Source Release and Tagged Open Source.
The tagged one is compiled and build everyday.
Usage is at own discretion.

Certified OPen Source Release is a newer one that is available.
We use this one and we found it stable for our usage.

Both are full installs

"Marc Convents" <marc.conve...@progen.be> wrote in message

> d) get the tagged build that Rob is doing
> >at mers http://mers.com.

> what's this tagged build ?
> Is it an advanced version of the open source interbase version.
> I downloaded IB6 from the borland/interbase site.
> Should I use the tagged build ?
> Does it include a client install ?

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

Didn't know that there exists a "Certified" Open Source Release? Are you
sure?

Thomas

"Ruaan Barnard" <ru...@nospam.ccs-software.co.za> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi

> There are two versions available on www.mers.com
> Certified Open Source Release and Tagged Open Source.
> The tagged one is compiled and build everyday.
> Usage is at own discretion.

> Certified OPen Source Release is a newer one that is available.
> We use this one and we found it stable for our usage.

> Both are full installs

> "Marc Convents" <marc.conve...@progen.be> wrote in message

> > d) get the tagged build that Rob is doing
> > >at mers http://mers.com.

> > what's this tagged build ?
> > Is it an advanced version of the open source interbase version.
> > I downloaded IB6 from the borland/interbase site.
> > Should I use the tagged build ?
> > Does it include a client install ?

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

Are you sure it's not the other way around ?
if I look at http://mers.com
it looks like they have a nightly build version
and a tagged version.
My english is not that good, "tagged" means nothing to me.
If i'm mistaking were to get this Certified Open Source release?

Re:Using GDB form IB 5.5 on IB 6.01

"Certified" Open Source Release doesnt exists.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Ruaan Barnard wrote:

> Hi

> There are two versions available on www.mers.com
> Certified Open Source Release and Tagged Open Source.
> The tagged one is compiled and build everyday.
> Usage is at own discretion.

> Certified OPen Source Release is a newer one that is available.
> We use this one and we found it stable for our usage.

There is no certified open source release.  Certification is done on binaries,
not on source.  Rob has two builds.  A tagged build (which represents his
building of the source that partially went into the building of the certified
release) and a nightly build which builds the current CVS.  Considering that the
CVS is not updated regularly these should be both roughly the same, but neither
went through any type of certification process.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   | Talk about failure
(Please do not email    | To fall is not to fail
 me directly unless     | Failure isn't about falling down
 asked.  Thank You)     | Failure is staying down (Marillion)

Other Threads